Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Cash Over Option

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover More Cash Back Option

The only really good part of the rewards program is ShopDiscover. The rest is very mediocre. If it was formerly slightly less mediocre it really doesn't matter. The quarterly categories normally range between $300 and $600 - best thing about "Gasoline" is that if you have a mechanic that works out of a gas station his bill will show up as "Gasoline". Good way to get 5% back on an auto repair!
Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...I've had Discover since September, 2009 and today is the first time I have ever heard of this. I usually don't respond to old threads, but when I got this in my e-mail today, I pretty much came here first and did a "cash over" search...LMAO. I could not believe when I saw this.

This has got to be the most dangerous thing ever. OR, if used right, a great opportunity to pay for things like your car note. Spend three days getting $500 (as you can only get $200 daily).

I seriously hope people have used this thing responsibly. I hope I use this thing responsibly, as I'm still a degenerate gambler.....I can only imagine me going to Atlantic City with Discover Card in hand and desperately trying to find a Shoprite...lmao!

--------------------------------

Get cash over your purchases and save time and money

Take care of two errands at once. And pay no fee.

Get cash where you shop the most

Get the cash you need without an extra trip to the ATM.
Avoid fees- No transaction fee. No ATM fee. No bank fee.
Your regular purchase APR applies to the cash you get and there are no hidden fees.

It's easy to get cash over! Here's how

1. Use your Discover Card at checkout
2. Choose how much cash over you'd like over your purchase amount
3. Get your cash and be on your way!

Find Your Store

Use your Discover Card when you check out at these stores and get cash over your purchase. Just click to find a location near you. Check with your local stores for their cash over limits.

Frequently Asked Questions How do I get cash over? Easy. Just use your Discover Card at checkout and choose how much cash you'd like. Will I be charged a transaction fee for using cash over? No! There is no fee for the transaction. Is there a special interest rate applied? Not at all- the same purchase APR and grace period apply, just like your other Discover Card purchases. Is there a limit to how much cash I can get over my purchase? Cash over transactions cannot exceed $200 daily and $4000 monthly. Most stores also have their own cash over limit, so check with your local store to be sure.
Message 42 of 44
Macroman
Regular Contributor

FYI- Walmart does the same thing with their store card. Limits may be lower.

Message 43 of 44
john398
Senior Contributor

I know this is a  pretty old thread but I wonder why they changed the limits to $125 a day according to Discover website

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow...I've had Discover since September, 2009 and today is the first time I have ever heard of this. I usually don't respond to old threads, but when I got this in my e-mail today, I pretty much came here first and did a "cash over" search...LMAO. I could not believe when I saw this.

This has got to be the most dangerous thing ever. OR, if used right, a great opportunity to pay for things like your car note. Spend three days getting $500 (as you can only get $200 daily).

Frequently Asked Questions How do I get cash over? Easy. Just use your Discover Card at checkout and choose how much cash you'd like. Will I be charged a transaction fee for using cash over? No! There is no fee for the transaction. Is there a special interest rate applied? Not at all- the same purchase APR and grace period apply, just like your other Discover Card purchases. Is there a limit to how much cash I can get over my purchase? Cash over transactions cannot exceed $200 daily and $4000 monthly. Most stores also have their own cash over limit, so check with your local store to be sure.

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.