Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Pre Approval

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Discover More Pre Approval

So I have been wanting this card for a long time and a year ago I said I would get my scores high enough to apply in July. I just received a preapproval and im really excited it says it expires at the end of the month. Do you think since I was preapproved that I could apply later and be approved because I dont want to apply now im still trying to clean up my credit report. My highest fico is TU at 734 (very excited about this I started at 456 about a year ago) and I know they pull TU for Discover alot in TX.

Who did Discover pull for you?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More Pre Approval

TU for me in 2008 in OH.

EX for me in 2007 (when I got a denial) also in OH.

Wouldn't worry about missing out on the pre-approval if you wait 'til July. Where there's one Discover pre-app, others are sure to follow, I promise you! I took them up on the first offer that landed in my mailbox (as I was very excited to receive one, having been wanting the card enough to app and get declined a year previously!), and I received maybe 6 or 8 more within a few weeks, after I'd got my card.

If your original plan was to wait until July, I'd stick with it - the older your existing accounts, the fewer inqs you have on your reports, and the higher your scores, the better things are bound to go! If they want you as a customer now, they'll still want you in July... and maybe with a higher CL, etc etc.

Message 10 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Pulled TU for me in AZ.
Message 2 of 15
wajj
Contributor

Pulled TU for me in OH as well
Message 3 of 15
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Thats cool! I guess I might get lucky Smiley Very Happy Im going to wait until my score is a little higher though because of everyone wanting scores above 730 now for prime cards Smiley Sad just a little higher for me I guess.

No one really pulls TU in TX I only have one inquiry from Target and thats going to fall off soon.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU in NY

Message 5 of 15
mphan
Contributor

TU in CA.
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 6 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Speaking for a member who's not currently active (and I've blanked on his name), EQ in East Tennessee. TU in the rest of the state.

I remember this, because it would be nice to have one legit card that pulls TU in East Tennessee. But no. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

TU for me in Virginia.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

HP on TU in nyc (they softed EQ)
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU for me in 2008 in OH.

EX for me in 2007 (when I got a denial) also in OH.

Wouldn't worry about missing out on the pre-approval if you wait 'til July. Where there's one Discover pre-app, others are sure to follow, I promise you! I took them up on the first offer that landed in my mailbox (as I was very excited to receive one, having been wanting the card enough to app and get declined a year previously!), and I received maybe 6 or 8 more within a few weeks, after I'd got my card.

If your original plan was to wait until July, I'd stick with it - the older your existing accounts, the fewer inqs you have on your reports, and the higher your scores, the better things are bound to go! If they want you as a customer now, they'll still want you in July... and maybe with a higher CL, etc etc.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.