Romeoo47

Re: Discover More Pre Approval

TU in Texas (Plano)
Senior Contributor
score_building

fevmlo wrote:

TU for me in 2008 in OH.

EX for me in 2007 (when I got a denial) also in OH.

Wouldn't worry about missing out on the pre-approval if you wait 'til July. Where there's one Discover pre-app, others are sure to follow, I promise you! I took them up on the first offer that landed in my mailbox (as I was very excited to receive one, having been wanting the card enough to app and get declined a year previously!), and I received maybe 6 or 8 more within a few weeks, after I'd got my card.

If your original plan was to wait until July, I'd stick with it - the older your existing accounts, the fewer inqs you have on your reports, and the higher your scores, the better things are bound to go! If they want you as a customer now, they'll still want you in July... and maybe with a higher CL, etc etc.

+1

i apped on 1st preapp i got too (12/08), also received several more preapps after approval.  good that you're planning to app when you know you'll feel ready.  i was denied on EX more than a year prior to my approval last december.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Valued Member
rjf78

They pulled my eq in Maryland, had a fico of 740. Got my card on Sat., 6K line. The inq put me down to 739 and then when the account reported my score went to 745. Go figure.... 
Eq 785 TU 786 Ex ???
Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

Just a heads up....I received a pre-approval from Discover in Dec. also. I put off apping until after it had expired. I did a cold app online instead. I was approved with a $5000 limit but did not receive the APR that I was offered in the pre-app. Several points higher...totally wishing I had waited to receive another pre-approval. I think you often get the best terms that way.

I'm in NV and they pulled EQ, my worst score, the only report still showing my 8 yr. old BK and the only report with my one baddie, a 6 yr old Dr. bill.  They softed EX for the pre-approval. 

Frequent Contributor
tempusfugit123

Thanks everyone for your answers! I believe that they will definetly pull TU because I live in Dallas and everyone I talk to that lives in the area have had TU pulled. I was going to app for this and if I was denied I was going to go with the Bofa secured instead but Im going to apply for the secured anyways and no more applying for credit for me for 2 years.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+