Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Discover More Pre Approval

So I have been wanting this card for a long time and a year ago I said I would get my scores high enough to apply in July. I just received a preapproval and im really excited it says it expires at the end of the month. Do you think since I was preapproved that I could apply later and be approved because I dont want to apply now im still trying to clean up my credit report. My highest fico is TU at 734 (very excited about this I started at 456 about a year ago) and I know they pull TU for Discover alot in TX.

Who did Discover pull for you?

Regular Contributor

Re: Discover More Pre Approval

Pulled TU for me in AZ.
Contributor

Pulled TU for me in OH as well
Frequent Contributor

Thats cool! I guess I might get lucky Smiley Very Happy Im going to wait until my score is a little higher though because of everyone wanting scores above 730 now for prime cards Smiley Sad just a little higher for me I guess.

No one really pulls TU in TX I only have one inquiry from Target and thats going to fall off soon.

Valued Member

TU in NY

Your Latest FICO® Scores TransUnion 700 1/7/2009 Equifax 747 1/7/2009 Experian 759 1/7/2009
March 09 TU 691 EQ 733 EX ? (739 Plus)
Contributor

TU in CA.
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Moderator Emerita

Speaking for a member who's not currently active (and I've blanked on his name), EQ in East Tennessee. TU in the rest of the state.

I remember this, because it would be nice to have one legit card that pulls TU in East Tennessee. But no. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor

TU for me in Virginia.
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor

HP on TU in nyc (they softed EQ)
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Established Contributor

TU for me in 2008 in OH.

EX for me in 2007 (when I got a denial) also in OH.

Wouldn't worry about missing out on the pre-approval if you wait 'til July. Where there's one Discover pre-app, others are sure to follow, I promise you! I took them up on the first offer that landed in my mailbox (as I was very excited to receive one, having been wanting the card enough to app and get declined a year previously!), and I received maybe 6 or 8 more within a few weeks, after I'd got my card.

If your original plan was to wait until July, I'd stick with it - the older your existing accounts, the fewer inqs you have on your reports, and the higher your scores, the better things are bound to go! If they want you as a customer now, they'll still want you in July... and maybe with a higher CL, etc etc.

EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.