Frequent Contributor
tempusfugit123

Discover More Pre Approval

So I have been wanting this card for a long time and a year ago I said I would get my scores high enough to apply in July. I just received a preapproval and im really excited it says it expires at the end of the month. Do you think since I was preapproved that I could apply later and be approved because I dont want to apply now im still trying to clean up my credit report. My highest fico is TU at 734 (very excited about this I started at 456 about a year ago) and I know they pull TU for Discover alot in TX.

Who did Discover pull for you?

Regular Contributor
hemi961

Re: Discover More Pre Approval

Pulled TU for me in AZ.
Contributor
wajj

Pulled TU for me in OH as well
Frequent Contributor
tempusfugit123

Thats cool! I guess I might get lucky :smileyvery-happy: Im going to wait until my score is a little higher though because of everyone wanting scores above 730 now for prime cards :smileysad: just a little higher for me I guess.

No one really pulls TU in TX I only have one inquiry from Target and thats going to fall off soon.

Valued Member
aimingfor700

TU in NY

Your Latest FICO® Scores TransUnion 700 1/7/2009 Equifax 747 1/7/2009 Experian 759 1/7/2009
March 09 TU 691 EQ 733 EX ? (739 Plus)
Contributor
mphan

TU in CA.
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Speaking for a member who's not currently active (and I've blanked on his name), EQ in East Tennessee. TU in the rest of the state.

I remember this, because it would be nice to have one legit card that pulls TU in East Tennessee. But no. :smileysad:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

TU for me in Virginia.
Here we go again...
Senior Contributor
score_building

HP on TU in nyc (they softed EQ)
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Established Contributor
fevmlo

TU for me in 2008 in OH.

EX for me in 2007 (when I got a denial) also in OH.

Wouldn't worry about missing out on the pre-approval if you wait 'til July. Where there's one Discover pre-app, others are sure to follow, I promise you! I took them up on the first offer that landed in my mailbox (as I was very excited to receive one, having been wanting the card enough to app and get declined a year previously!), and I received maybe 6 or 8 more within a few weeks, after I'd got my card.

If your original plan was to wait until July, I'd stick with it - the older your existing accounts, the fewer inqs you have on your reports, and the higher your scores, the better things are bound to go! If they want you as a customer now, they'll still want you in July... and maybe with a higher CL, etc etc.

EQ: 723 / TU: 760 (August 2009)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+