Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Pre-approved

tag
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

Discover More Pre-approved

So before when i checked for Pre approvals it could not match me with anythin but this time when i tried it recommended the More card. I filled out the application and it said they needed to do more processing and they will have my answer within five to seven business days. No collections on my report as midland currently deleted, what are my chances???

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More Pre-approved

I would call them they might need to verify some info......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 20
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Use the back door number and call them today. I had the same message and was approved right away after calling them. They just wanted to verify my address and so.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 3 of 20
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

get ready to explain to them any of your baddie if you had one.......

Message 4 of 20
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

This sucks, just called was told that i needed a cosigner, and that this would be the only way i could get my feet in the door.  I told them if there was any they could speak to an underwriter to get me in maybe with a lower limit and he said no a cosigner was the only way. This sucks!!

CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 5 of 20
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Don't give up ......what your Fico and credit file look like ??? Do you know ??????

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me in July. I got an invite to apply in the mail and was denied unless I had a cosigner. I didn't fight it though. Didn't care enough to.
Message 7 of 20
Link2k
Valued Member

Photobucket

Is this what you got when you tried. Discover changed there pre approval system in the last couple of months to make it look like you have been pre approved when you haven't.

Message 8 of 20
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@Link2k wrote:
Photobucket

Is this what you got when you tried. Discover changed there pre approval system in the last couple of months to make it look like you have been pre approved when you haven't.

+1 As long as it doesn´t say "Congratulations XY. You are pre-approved ..." it is not a pre app

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 9 of 20
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

exactly....you gotta scroll down and click on "see all offers" or whatever and then it will usualy tell you "sorry, yada yada yada"

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.