Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More - Snap Denial (2003 BK)

tag
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Discover More - Snap Denial (2003 BK)

Just applied for Discover More based on their pre-approval site.  I was preapproved (not just  recommended) for a variety of their products. 

Instant denial (BK from 2003). 

MyFico 680 EQ

MyFico 682 TU

"Fako plus thingy" from Experian 689

AAoA 3 yrs

11 yr history

No lates

Builder cards Cap1 $2,250, $0 balance

HSBC/Orchard $700, $0 balance

WalMart new account $500 $80 balance

Low inquiries.

Called backdoor for recon and spoke to very nice lady that reiterated the BK info. She didn't really notice the age of the BK at first, sounded a little bit like she was sticking firmly to the script.  I think that I might recon again in a few days to see if the story changes with a new customer service agent.  I have been reading through all of the Discover Recon denials here on the forums and it looks like denials for Discover run the gamut from people with very high scores and pristine credit history to history similar to mine, so not sure exactly if it's just hit or miss. 

They pulled TU - I'm in Montana. 

Posting this for any others that may have similar stats as mine. 

Thanks, as always, for all of the great advice on these boards.

Smiley Very Happy

FicoFox

------------------------

MyFico 680 EQ

MyFico 682 TU

"Fako" from Experian 689

To graduate from Toy Cards to "Big Girl" Cards

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover More - Snap Denial (2003 BK)

Here's hoping the next csr will do the recon for you!!!  

Not everyone sees things the same.  Besides, 2003 was quite some time ago!  Any baddies since?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I was able to get approved with a BK from 2003,But My AAoA is 9 years and 20 year history..scores are around the 700 range on all three credit reports

Message 3 of 4
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Thanks. - No, no baddies since then.  Clean livin' (as far as credit goes).  LOL. 

Will keep on keepin' on.

Also wanted to note that in my research on these forums, I noticed that the success stories may be outweighing the denials.  It is understandable, as it can be somewhat shameful to admit that someone said no to you, but I think that in the spirit of presenting  the most accurate information available, it would be beneficial to disclose all the denials that were received as well as approvals.  It presents a more accurate picture of CCC decision-making.

I know --- as a person that has dug herself from the depths of the lowest FICO scores -- that being denied credit carries some stigma, but if you do happen to peruse these forums at any length, you will see that it is just as easy for an 810 to be denied even the most modest credit line as it is for a 550.

Ain't no shame in the game, baby. Smiley Very Happy

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.