cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More Student Card

Regular Contributor

Discover More Student Card

So I got tempted tonight and decided to app for the Discover More Student card. I got the 5-7 days response. What experience do you guys have with this? I plan on calling for the status tomorrow. I hope it turns out good! Smiley Frustrated

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+






11 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Discover More Student Card

My highest personal card was $1,000 and $1,500 credit cards HSBC and Achieva CU (local) BOTH SECURED -_-;

 

then I applied for Amex BCP (credit jumped to 750's after charge offs was deleted) I got the 5-7 message from Amex and approved for $5,500 highest credit limit by 5x lol, then applied for Navy Federal GoRewards not instantly approved, but still approved for $17,000 CL and 7.24% interest rates =)

 

What probably alarmed them is my AAOA is very low, Amex probably took me in because i'm a ACM (additional cardmember) on my father's account even though it's a new account I been making most the charges and paying in full every month for the last 6months. BCP is actually one of the hardest cards to get, I figured if I was going to get one I would only apply for something I want lol, but regardless relax if your scores are decent and you don't have too many bad items it should be ok.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More Student Card

You can actually check your application status online or by phone. Discover customer service is 24 hours. Good luck!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover More Student Card

I tried checking online, but it said the server is down. I'm not in a rush so I'll just call tomorrow or check online. I'm just a bit nervous lol. Do you know who Discover pull? I think I remember reading it was EQ? I hope so since that is my highest score lol. 

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+






Established Contributor

Re: Discover More Student Card

depends what state your in 


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor

Re: Discover More Student Card

They pulled TU here in florida.

 

I would have suggested you not applying for their student version because the low limit is not likely to grow..

 

But good luck anyways!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More Student Card


Tran92 wrote:

I tried checking online, but it said the server is down. I'm not in a rush so I'll just call tomorrow or check online. I'm just a bit nervous lol. ..you know who Discover pull? I think I remember reading it was EQ? I hope so since that is my highest score lol. 


It depends on your state. I'm in CA. They pulled EQ for me.

 

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Established Contributor

Re: Discover More Student Card


CruzImperial wrote:

They pulled TU here in florida.

 

I would have suggested you not applying for their student version because the low limit is not likely to grow..

 

But good luck anyways!


I wish they would pull TU lol, I'm in FL as well, but looks like in Florida they like to pull mostly Equifax, but also seems that they like to pull from any of the 3 randomly although prefers EQ. Most credit pulls in Florida go to EQ.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor

Re: Discover More Student Card

If you haven't heard from them by tomorrow just call them. I got the same message when I applied a while ago. I called them, they asked me a few questions, and they approved me over the phone. When I called I just said that I wanted to check the status of my application and see if there was anything else I could do to expedite it. They are really nice. Just expect questions about income, school, living situation, current monthly bills, etc.


Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More Student Card


Default4 wrote:

If you haven't heard from them by tomorrow just call them. I got the same message when I applied a while ago. I called them, they asked me a few questions, and they approved me over the phone. When I called I just said that I wanted to check the status of my application and see if there was anything else I could do to expedite it. They are really nice. Just expect questions about income, school, living situation, current monthly bills, etc.


+1 samething with my buddie application

 


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k