New Contributor
cantex

Discover More- Telephone CLI

My card celebrated another bday (2 yrs) and so I called in for the telephone luv button.   Asked for a 30% CLI (I've asked for as much as 100% previously) and didn't receive an auto increase over the phone like I have had every 6 months since it opened.   CL is well under 10k and all my other cards are now 10k or more.  I was then forwarded to a CSR who told me they are now doing hard inquiries for CLI requests (to which I declined in order not to burn an inquiry).   CSR said it would happen no matter if I had asked for 500 or 10000 as a CLI request.  Anybody else running into this?  Or does the luv just stop after the 1 yr anniversary.  My 1.5yr CLI was the lowest I've received and 2yr was denied without hard inquiry.

Regular Contributor
tengtengvn

Re: Discover More- Telephone CLI

I was told last time that Discover now only increases 2K max for each time you request.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Regular Contributor
asteroidblues

Re: Discover More- Telephone CLI

Discover is tight. After one year of membership I called and they denied me a 1K increase. I haven't asked since but they have automatically increased my limit twice by $250 each.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+