cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More application - Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed.

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Discover More application - Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed.

Applied for the Discover More card and got the following email.

This e-mail is to confirm that your application for the Discover® More Card was received on January 21, 2011. Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed. 

I called after to speak with a CSR since I have a fraud alert and wanted to make sure there was not any specific information they may be needing to expedite processing. I was asked a series of questions regarding my past credit, current employer, income, etc. Then she said I would get a reply from them within 7-10 days. 

I asked if that meant a decline or approval and she said I would need to wait. I dont see any reason why I would be declined other than I have a few INQ showing that are recent, but the 7-10 wait response from her means a decline to me.

Any input, suggestions?

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More application - Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed.

I hate to say this but I think you are right, the only thing I can think of have you opened up alot of accounts recently?

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 13
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More application - Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed.

Most recent account opened that is currently showing was opened about 7 months ago. No INQ or new credit lines since then.

I wanted to get this application out of the way since my new BMW auto loan will be reporting within the next few months and that is going to drop my score a bit. Seems to me they are going to issue a decline. That would be my first actual decline from a creditor in quite some time..... Its a blow to someones self esteem. Thats for sure. 

800+ Club
Message 3 of 13
tray
Valued Contributor

Well the first time I applied for the Discover More I was thrown to the curb, but the second time was a charm, Hope you get the card if not try again, call for reconsideration to  as you never know with customer service reps you always get different answers.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 13
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Ill give it a few days, and then call back for a status update. The online status check says the following, so maybe not all hope is lost.

Discover® Card 
Date Submitted: 1/21/2011

Your application is being processed. We have received your information but need to perform additional processing before we can provide you with a decision. You will hear from us within 30 days of your application being submitted.

Please check back in the future to get an update on the status of your application. 

800+ Club
Message 5 of 13
LS1
New Contributor

I got a 7 to 10 day message after I app'd and ended up an approval after they called me a few days later. Hope it works out for you!

Starting Score: TU 652- EQ 658 - EX 668
Current Score: TU 679 - EQ 681 - EX 681 as of 3.13.11
Goal Score: 700 with all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 13
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Im crossing my fingers and toes. I dont really NEED this card, but I would like it. I want a nice mixtures of cards in my wallet that all have good rewards.

800+ Club
Message 7 of 13
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I dont think its a denial. You are going to get it. Call them on Monday morning again.

Message 8 of 13
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Im hoping. Thanks for the positive words Smiley Happy

800+ Club
Message 9 of 13
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I got the same message, later found out I was declined. Smiley Sad

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.