cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More application - Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed.

tag
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover More application - Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed.

I received the same reply in September '10 when I applied.  About a week later I checked the status update online and was approved.  At the same time I recently opened up an Amex Delta Gold and a Citi Platinium Select so it may have triggered some kind of review.  

Good luck.

Message 11 of 13
jonny21
Established Member

Re: Discover More application - Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed.

I got the same message yesterday when I applied.  Rather than worry about it day after day, I said heck with this and called right after the message came up on screen.  When I called I said something like "Hi, I just applied and received a 30 day processing message and I'm just wondering if you guys need more info or need to verify something?"  The guy was real cool and said that he could go ahead and pull it up now and take a look at it.  He did and after answering some questions (address, where i work, which is nowhere currently.  had to give wife's details there.) and then he approved me right then.  

Starting Score: 2/09 EQ 570 TU 600
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 711 EX 734 (psecu)
Goal Score: EQ and TU 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Tikora

I just apped for the Discover More card last Friday, and have also been furiously checking on the status only to see it required additional processing.

I decided to call today to check on the status, and was routed to a very nice gentleman who wanted to go over a few things. 

They asked about a released tax lien from 2004, as well as a charge-off from Dell that was paid off in 2007.  He said everything else looked great (I do have some additional baddies on there from before 2008 that he didn't even ask about), and approved me for an initial line of 1500.

My current debt is only about 2k, and my income is in the 90ks.

They pulled EQ and my EQ is 687.

Cheers!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.