Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More card any good?

tag
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More card any good?

You will like it. The CS in excellent. Be prepared to be sold something when you activate the card. They are pushy but will take no for an answer.
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a cli? Is it given auto or do you have to request? Thanks for any info.

I've had my card 5 years and no auto CLI. I asked a few years ago and got another $1,000. I've been thinking about asking for another one but don't want the inquiry right now.

ETA-
Ugh, I had no idea there was a tier structure! I thought I was getting 1% for everything. (duh?) Instead of taking an inquiry for a CLI I will shop for another card.

Message Edited by rmily on 08-25-2008 03:57 PM
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 yrs? Oh man. That's nuts. Any negatives, lates pays, etc?
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

No lates/negatives. I always PIF and rarely put more than $500/month through the card so maybe they don't like me much? Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

rmily wrote:
No lates/negatives. I always PIF and rarely put more than $500/month through the card so maybe they don't like me much? Smiley Happy

Hmmm...well they should!
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

what was your credit limit? i've had a CCC tell me my limit was sufficient for my usage before and denied a credit limit.
Message 16 of 24
athensguy
Valued Contributor

For the automated phone CLI, there is no hard pull involved, if you want to try that out. Unfortunately, you have to specify the CLI you would like to try for.
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
what was your credit limit? i've had a CCC tell me my limit was sufficient for my usage before and denied a credit limit.

Can't tell if this was for me or not. My credit limit when I got the card was $1,500 and bumped up to $2,500 when I asked. Thanks athensguy for the tip! I called and requested $2,000 and they only gave me $1,000. Perhaps I selected the wrong reason. Home improvement, cash advance, balance transfer, vacation, other.. Maybe they would have been kinder if I wanted to BT..haha. At least I have a little more room on the utilization front at $3,500.

Message Edited by rmily on 08-26-2008 05:16 PM
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

rmily wrote:

Perhaps I selected the wrong reason. Home improvement, cash advance, balance transfer, vacation, other.. Maybe they would have been kinder if I wanted to BT..haha. At least I have a little more room on the utilization front at $3,500.

I wonder reason will yield the best result? 
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is hard to get CL from. $3000+ is a good $ amount to start with. My girlfriend and I use Open Road as our preferred gas rewards program over all other cards. Smiley Happy Many cards has this thing called "qualified purchases". Discover I believe gives you 1% back on any kind of purchase. Then there are the perks like Open Road for 5% back. Definitely one of my favorite rebate cards.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.