Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More card any good?

tag
tradeforcash
Established Member

Discover More card any good?

They have sent me 3 pre-approved card invites in the mail.....All I have to do is call or go online to accept, and "Welcome to the Discover Card Family"...haha

Is the "More" card any good?

I have looked a little bit, and is seems to have OK cash back........

just curious on what everyone thinks.....

2/08 TU-654/EQ-656/EX-643
4/08 TU-653/EQ-659/EX-650
6/08 TU-711/EQ-679/EX-679
Almost to all 700 club
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More card any good?

i've only had mine for 2 bill cycles but so far i've racked up almost $20 in cash back.  and i don't use my card for everything.  this is my favourite card of the moment.
Message 2 of 24
athensguy
Valued Contributor

It's a middle of the road rewards card. It's not great, but it has its uses. ShopDiscover is nice.
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you take advantage of the 5% bonus categories (they change every quarter) and if you shop online it's a good deal.  My first statement I made $28 and only had the card 2 weeks. I buy shoes through Zappos a lot and now I will get 10% back for all purchases. I just realized they also have another shoe store, something like onlineshoes.com and that one gives 15% back on purchases through shop discover. This by far is the best shopping rewards card I have seen. The 5% categories are really nice, but if you don't take advantage of the bonus categories or you meet the cap, then their standard 1% is lousy because you have to spend a certain amount and tier your way up from like .25% or something. For me though, I push everything through my rewards cards, so I'm easily making around $50-60 per month between Discover and Chase Freedom Plus. I've recently decided I will take the cash back and then turn around and dump it into my high yield savings...seems like the smartest way to use it.
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received one of those letters back in February of this year, applied and was approved.  Used the low apr for a bt.  I've enjoyed the card also.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive a cli?  Is it given auto or do you have to request?  Thanks for any info.
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app'd for the More card but switched it to Open Road upon receiving the card. Got the card mainly for the 0% BT. Also use it for gas. Figured I won't be using the card for other things besides gas so I opted for the Open Road.

One thing I love about Discover is they have the best customer service.
Message 6 of 24
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

As a supplement to another rewards card like the Chase Freedom the Disc More is awesome!  More gives you a category that changes quarterly and gives you 5% cash back on the category with no minimum spending level before you see the 5%.  So use the Discover on that quarterly category and your other rewards card on all other purchases and you're golden.  Just keep track of when you've hit the cap on the More's 5% bonus, because it's usually relatively low.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

thrasher865 wrote:
As a supplement to another rewards card like the Chase Freedom the Disc More is awesome! 
Could not agree more!
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had the Discover More card since April and so far, it is a good card (I wish I could say the same for Amex). I am working on paying off the balance transfers that I have on it, but use it maybe once a month.
Message 9 of 24
tradeforcash
Established Member

Well, I bit the bullet and called and got it.......
I should have the card next week, with 3000 cl to start.....

2/08 TU-654/EQ-656/EX-643
4/08 TU-653/EQ-659/EX-650
6/08 TU-711/EQ-679/EX-679
Almost to all 700 club
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.