cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More card is going to be automatically PC'd to Discover IT, question...

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Discover More card is going to be automatically PC'd to Discover IT, question...

So I logged into my Discover account online the other day, and the image of my existing card, a Discover More, had been replaced by an image of a blue-colored Discover IT card.  I called Discover to find out more info, and was told that my card is being automatically-converted to the Discover IT.

So my question is, is there any potential reason anyone might know of for someone to want to retain a Discover More card, vs. Discover IT?  I didn't initiate a PC request so I was just a little puzzled I guess if there was any possible reason for someone to want to hold onto Discover More?  Or is the IT card the better card choice all-around? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More card is going to be automatically PC'd to Discover IT, question...

They're probably discontinuing the More card and converting all existing cardholders to their current card.

Message 2 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Discover More card is going to be automatically PC'd to Discover IT, question...

@galahad15 wrote:

So I logged into my Discover account online the other day, and the image of my existing card, a Discover More, had been replaced by an image of a blue-colored Discover IT card.  I called Discover to find out more info, and was told that my card is being automatically-converted to the Discover IT.

So my question is, is there any potential reason anyone might know of for someone to want to retain a Discover More card, vs. Discover IT?  I didn't initiate a PC request so I was just a little puzzled I guess if there was any possible reason for someone to want to hold onto Discover More?  Or is the IT card the better card choice all-around? 

No there is no advantage to the More over the IT that I'm aware of. The More card just earns less base cash back. No reason to keep it.

Message 3 of 11
BRIVERS73
Valued Member

They just recently auto PC'd my Discover More to the Discover it & the sign up bonus of double the rewards came along with it as well. Discover sent me an email about a week or so after the image of my card changed & questioned whether I received my new one yet. The email also list all the new benefits my new card will have including the double the rewards bonus. I called Discover & the rep confirmed that although the sign up bonus is indeed for new customers, I too will be getting these benefits as well.

Message 4 of 11
BRIVERS73
Valued Member

I don't know if they're doing this for all customers but there's something else to possibly look forward to.

Message 5 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sounds like they have something going on. Have to wait and.see.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 11
Berk
Established Contributor

@BRIVERS73 wrote:
I don't know if they're doing this for all customers but there's something else to possibly look forward to.

I know mine is still the same old Discover More I've had for 7 years. I just logged onto the site and there it sits. No emails from Discover either. Maybe they just haven't gotten to the "T"s yet.

Message 7 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

Why would a myficoer not have already PCed More to it...a preference for less cashback? Blasphemy! Smiley LOL

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 11
boober
Frequent Contributor

This is interesting to hear. I just checked online and my 5 year old More card still appears to be a More card.

I have a 6 month old It card. I wonder how this might affect me? I'd hate to see my More card go away. It's been pretty much the best CC I've ever had.

Message 9 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

@boober wrote:

This is interesting to hear. I just checked online and my 5 year old More card still appears to be a More card.

I have a 6 month old It card. I wonder how this might affect me? I'd hate to see my More card go away. It's been pretty much the best CC I've ever had.

Will hold 2 Discover it cards, more cashback than you got with the More is the main difference.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.