Frequent Contributor
bluesnowman

Re: Discover More denied due to inquiries...but not so sad.

I applied on October 27th when I came home from work that night. They ended up pulling TU and at the time I had a score of 739 so I was approved with a decent CL for someone with my income (1.5k) at first I got worried they denied me but when I checked on Monday morning, I had seen that I have been approved and was ecstatic, when I called in to activate, I was going to ask for a bigger CL, but I decided to keep my mouth shut. But yeah, Discover can be a tough company to become a member, just show your credit is getting better or is decent and they will hopefully approve you. Keep in mind that I had a little bit over 6 months of history with one card and an income of 12,000. Just show Discover (or any other creditor) you are responsible, and in no time you will become a Discover member. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.-1,000. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13), Citi: Forward- 3k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP). Discover: More- 2k. 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14). Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 2.4k. Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-4k.12/8/13. Last App: 1/8/14.
Contributor
ezef3ar

Re: Discover More denied due to inquiries...but not so sad.

I was just approve 2 days ago with a 6 month credit history score was 690 equifax and transunion 702 they pulled both :smileysad: but hey I got approved for low 750 credit line I'm happy that I am part of the discovery family now I was worried that I was gonna be denied cuz of all my inquiries... Last month I got amazon jcpenny paypal MasterCard extras Walmart and my first credit card was capitalone with a limit of 500$. No more credit till 2014 or December 2013

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+