Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More to Discover It Conversion

tag
RnJ
Contributor

Re: Discover More to Discover It Conversion

I had put this off for too long too, just upgraded with online chat tonite - just a few personal verification questions, agreeing to generic terms and it was done in less than 4 minutes.  You keep your account and card number, your online account, only your card changes.

Chat isn't always available, so keep checking and someone would be available quickly enough, that is if you prefer chat over a phone call.

I did the upgrade out of (perhaps unfounded) fear that the More card might soon be phased out, plus missing out on future perks with the IT.

Message 11 of 18
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

it was very easy, only neg i have exp is : since the conversion i no longer see any bonus cash back days  with the more  everyonce in awhile i would see earn an additional 1-3% for a week or a day, i also have not gotten any auto love since the conversion either- i cant say that is a result of the conversion or not. but yes you do get a full 1% from dollar 1 unlike more which is something like .0025 on the first 1000 or something

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 12 of 18
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Had my brother convert from the Open Road to the IT; we made the decision that the benefits certainly outweigh that of the Open Road at this point, so he is excited to be getting it in the mail soon!

Message 13 of 18
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

... excited to be getting it in the mail soon!

I was told by CS it would be in the mail come the next billing cycle. Smiley Surprised

Message 14 of 18
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

... excited to be getting it in the mail soon!

I was told by CS it would be in the mail come the next billing cycle. Smiley Surprised

For whatever reason, Dec 4th (when his cycle cuts) sounds so close...

Message 15 of 18
RnJ
Contributor

I was told the same thing - and that the online account would not reflect changes until the day after the new statement date (for me, first week in Dec.), card would be mailed on that date - can still use the More card until the new card arrives.

phillyguy12, I'm not sure what you're referring to, but if you already got your new card, be sure to sign-up again for the cashback and bonuses - the chat rep reminded me of that - that once the new card arrives, double-check and make sure it's signed up for the bonuses.  I don't know why it would require it, but he was sort of adamant about saying it.  If you're referring to something else, sorry.

Message 16 of 18
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

i did it and I'm glad I did. I currently had the lowest APR so when I asked for a lower one they were like i'ts already the lowest.. we can do 0% for 6 months does that sound good to you? I was like yes of course! Thank you! lol. They've been extremely great about CLIs, too. I've not regretted it for one moment changing to the IT.
Message 17 of 18
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

I just did the switch, no complaint's and didn't see a downside. During the conversion I asked about possibly a lower APR, It was at 16.9% and they lowered it immediately to 13.24, matching my BOA, I also asked if I was eligible for a CLI and they gave me $1k based on history (4 years). Great BT card before, and now it might just replace my BCE.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.