Did you mean: 

Discover More vs. Chase Freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More vs. Chase Freedom

@wollepopolle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have both ccs and I like both of them.  I also have Checking and Saving acct with Chase.

• Redeeming wise ... More is better. 

Can you explain this? How so?

I like to redeem my pts to gift card.

More ... gives you EXTRA $5 to $20 more on the face amount.  *They just had promotion on the Shell Gift card ... Double the Amount!!   $20 for $40.

Freedom ... No EXTRA

*The best thing with Ultimate Rewards ... you can redeem your pts with minimum of 500 pts.

Freedom's Ultimate Rewards has retailers that you may shop in daily basis: Walmart,  Target, Kmart.

More has the retailers that Freedom doesn't:  Red Lobster, Pizza Hut etc. 

Remember ~ there is always Pros and Cons on everything!

Starbucks Gift card

$/pts  Need

Face Amount

Discover More

$45

$45

$50

Chase Freedom

$5

$5

$10

$10

$20

$20

$25

$25

$50

$50

$100

$100

Old Navy Gift card

$/pts  Need

Face Amount

Discover More

$20

$20

$25

$40

$40

$50

$80

$80

$100

Chase Freedom

$10

$10

$20

$20

$25

$25

$50

$50

$100

$100

Out Back Gift card

$/pts  Need

Face Amount

Discover More

$45

$45

$50

Chase Freedom

$25

$25

$50

$50

$100

$100

Message 11 of 18
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

bunnyrabbit wrote: 

Freedom's Ultimate Rewards has retailers that you may shop in daily basis: Walmart,  Target, Kmart.

Trying to find out where this information is coming from.

As I look at my ShopDiscover, I see Target.  Don't see KMart, but you could theoretically jump and buy KMart stuff from Sears.com since their stores are meshed together, if I recall.  I also see Wally World up there.  Don't see Pizza Hut.  Don't see Red Lobster.  Not that I shop at either place.

In fact the only store that I don't see that I wish they would figure out how to add is Amazon.  If they added Amazon.com on ShopDiscover, my Amazon card would be toast.  I dare say 80% of my purchases every year are from that site.

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ted,

It is not Shop Discover.   It is the page to redeem your Rewards, and Gift Card.

You need to wait at least three hours to log in to check it out.

Account Center Maintenance in Process

We're sorry. We will be performing system maintenance between 1 a.m. and  6 a.m. Eastern Time. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.

Message 13 of 18
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

More ... gives you EXTRA $5 to $20 more on the face amount.  *They just had promotion on the Shell Gift card ... Double the Amount!!   $20 for $40.

Freedom ... No EXTRA

Bummer! Usually, their gift card deals don't interest me as I don't shop at these places. The $40 for $20 Shell card is awesome, though. I don't have enough cashback currently to get that one. I'll keep looking out for those deals in the future.

Message 14 of 18
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Ted,

It is not Shop Discover.   It is the page to redeem your Rewards, and Gift Card.

You need to wait at least three hours to log in to check it out.

Account Center Maintenance in Process

We're sorry. We will be performing system maintenance between 1 a.m. and  6 a.m. Eastern Time. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.

I guess I'm still confused.  What exactly stops you from simply buying the gift card you want with the cashback?

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wollepopolle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Freedom ... No EXTRA

Bummer! Usually, their gift card deals don't interest me as I don't shop at these places. The $40 for $20 Shell card is awesome, though. I don't have enough cashback currently to get that one. I'll keep looking out for those deals in the future.

There was a thread posted by josh68684

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Card-Cash-Back-Bonus-Promo-50-Gas-Card-Discount/td-p/930636

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ReVeLaTeD wrote:

bunnyrabbit wrote: 

Trying to find out where this information is coming from.

As I look at my ShopDiscover, I see Target.  Don't see KMart, but you could theoretically jump and buy KMart stuff from Sears.com since their stores are meshed together, if I recall.  I also see Wally World up there.  Don't see Pizza Hut.  Don't see Red Lobster.  Not that I shop at either place.

In fact the only store that I don't see that I wish they would figure out how to add is Amazon.  If they added Amazon.com on ShopDiscover, my Amazon card would be toast.  I dare say 80% of my purchases every year are from that site.

At Discover card home page, look for this on the right side of the screen.

MY CASHBACK BONUS

ShopDiscover

Earn 5% to 20% Cashback Bonus for online purchases with over 200 top retailers.

See Retailers

Then look below it, there is

Redeem Now         right side of      Rewards Balance

Click the   Redeem Now    it will take you to the Redeem Cashback Bonus  page.

Then select  Partner Gift cards  below  Redeem Cashback Bonus  and select Restaurants.

Then you will find those restaurants gift cards.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ReVeLaTeD wrote:
I guess I'm still confused What exactly stops you from simply buying the gift card you want with the cashback?

Why?   What made you confuse?

Have I said that?  NO, I haven't say anything about something stops me getting the gift cards that what I want ... right?

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.