cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More vs. Discover IT.... Are the qualifications the same?

tag
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Discover More vs. Discover IT.... Are the qualifications the same?

Discover More vs. Discover IT.... Are the qualifications the same?  I'm currently still gardening but have decided to try to add either the Discover More or the Dis thecover IT when I come out of the garden.  It would be my first Discover card.....

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover More vs. Discover IT.... Are the qualifications the same?

@TilltedBrim wrote:

Discover More vs. Discover IT.... Are the qualifications the same?  I'm currently still gardening but have decided to try to add either the Discover More or the Dis thecover IT when I come out of the garden.  It would be my first Discover card.....

They should have very similar requirements.  By January, the More Card may no longer be available. The IT card and the More card have identical reward structures. The IT card comes with a cool box.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 20
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if they will stop sending the box and expeiditing the delivery of the card after it is "officially" launced. Seems like a lot. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 3 of 20
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@ccb2115 wrote:

I wonder if they will stop sending the box and expeiditing the delivery of the card after it is "officially" launced. Seems like a lot. 

Maybe Discover is trying to Upgrade their image with this box.  I see the box being a permanent addition to this card.  I mean, who doesn't want a cool box!!!

FICO 9:

Message 4 of 20
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@ccb2115 wrote:

Maybe Discover is trying to Upgrade their image with this box.  I see the box being a permanent addition to this card.  I mean, who doesn't want a cool box!!!

Haha. I love me a good box! But if they actually do replace the MORE with this card (no confirmation yet), that's a lottttttt of boxes that they are going to have to send out. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 5 of 20
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@ccb2115 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@ccb2115 wrote:

Haha. I love me a good box! But if they actually do replace the MORE with this card (no confirmation yet), that's a lottttttt of boxes that they are going to have to send out. 

They probably got a deal on the boxes where they had a minimum order size of like 1 million boxes.

FICO 9:

Message 6 of 20
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

IT may have slight higher qualification standard than More. If you can get More however, you can get IT.

Message 7 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@trumpet-205 wrote:

IT may have slight higher qualification standard than More. If you can get More however, you can get IT.

I think it does actually; Discover More has been obtainable around 640 FICO for a while, probably several years if a prior pre-approval I was once sent is any indiciation.

The rewards are identical, but the fee structure is very different.   There was a discussion on this ~2 months or so ago if I remember right, and someone appropriately pointed out that the no-fee cards (Amex Clear comes to mind) aren't trivial to obtain.

TBH I hope it is as easy to get as a More, just noticed when I went looking for the application link that it doesn't have a forex fee, and that'd be a welcome alternative for those of us in the subprime  FICO ranges to Cap One's range of cards.  I'm just not expecting it and am sorta thinking this will be a ~680 approval but I'd love to be proved wrong on that.

Sadly I just checked one of the credit databases, Discover pulling two reports is a marginal approval and scores are well north of More approval ranges... though admittedly the description isn't of a pretty report:

695$2,100N/AFLN/A2012-08-23

not instant, 5-7 days message, pulled EX=695 &TU=672 both FICO, two PIF CO's, 9 new account. nice rep.

        
Message 8 of 20
Smug
Established Contributor

I was one of the very first people to get the card on these forums, first to post pics.... I did not get the box, it was inside a overnight envolope.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 9 of 20
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

What's so special about the card if it has the same reward structure as the More card?

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.