cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More vs. Discover IT.... Are the qualifications the same?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover More vs. Discover IT.... Are the qualifications the same?

Didn't you read the thread!?!?!? It comes in a box!!! Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 20
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Didn't you read the thread!?!?!? It comes in a box!!! Smiley Tongue

Hmmmm......

I've already got a box at home.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 20
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

'It' does seem to have tougher underwriting requirements than more, albeit in the context of a very limited sample size.

For those with borderline scores that want the it card, I would recommend apping for more and then pc'ing to it shortly thereafter. All indications are that a pc to the it is virtually guaranteed , even for those who have been with discover for very short periods of time.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 13 of 20
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

I'm always a sucker for a cool box... the Amazon box is cool, with the smiley-face; and who didn't love the Gateway cow boxes?  LOL

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 14 of 20
boober
Frequent Contributor

So is it possible to have both the More card AND the IT card?

I have the More card which I got about 25 months ago. I have a CL of $7800. I just paid off the balance that I had on it of $4500 so now it's got a 0% UT.

I've been hoping to get a new BT offer but haven't had one since going back to last January. The BT offers are great, and since I'm not getting them anymore which I find really wierd, I'm thinking of applying for the IT card so that I can use IT to do my BT's on for my other cards.

My scores are in the 710 range.

So is it a good idea to apply for the IT card?

Can I have both an IT and a MORE card?

Thanks

EDIT: I just thought of something, what if I were to ask Discover to upgrade my  More card to the IT card, would I possibly get the BT offers that come with getting a new card, even though it's a new card but same account?

Message 15 of 20
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I believe you have reapply to get the BT offers & any other promos. You can PC from More to It but would be ineligible for their offers for new accounts.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 16 of 20
boober
Frequent Contributor

I think I may go ahead and try and apply for the IT card in the next day or 2.

I mean afterall, Discover gave me the More card 2 years ago when my credit was much much worse. Seems like I should have NP getting an IT card, right?

I need a good balance transfer offer and for whatever reason I'm not getting em anymore on my More card. Smiley Sad

BTW what's a PC? That's a new 1 to me.

Message 17 of 20
Mrm-na
New Contributor

PC means "product change".  If Discover were to convert your existing More account to the It, that would be called a product change.  But for the reason MoreRewards described, this might not have the result you're after.

Message 18 of 20
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

I did not get the box...and I PC'ed from the More to the It about a month ago.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to Discover back in November 2012, the underwriting standards for the former Discover More Card and the current Discover IT Card were the same. On December 16, 2012 the 0.25% rewards earnings were changed to a minimum of 1.00% or more. Also, the Discover IT Card had the you can pay until midnight and have it count along with one late payment forgiveness. Further Discover has been offering many promos even including 2% for all purchases that are normally 1% randomly and generally for a month.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.