cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

When I applied I had a measly score of 620. Was in shock...

When I applied I had a measly score of 620. Was in shock when I was approved with a 1.5k limit.

Message 11 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More

716 EQ at the time of application. Approved for $1,500 instantly. My highest limit until Chase Freedom came into my life. Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 25
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

@babymixer wrote:

What did it take for you to get approved.  Score?  Limit?  Who did they pull?  I'm thinking that this would be the best card to add to my portfolio and closing my capital one cash rewards with the low limit and AF.

I was sent pre-approvals weekly for a few months. I finally gave in and applied.

I had three Amex cards and a secured Cap1 card at the time of application.

It took a 15 minute phone interview and I was only approved for a 750 CL.

I already had the HP from EQ so I accepted the low CL.

The customer Service was so nice I could not turn down the card.

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 13 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Mustangfrank wrote:

@babymixer wrote:

What did it take for you to get approved.  Score?  Limit?  Who did they pull?  I'm thinking that this would be the best card to add to my portfolio and closing my capital one cash rewards with the low limit and AF.

I was sent pre-approvals weekly for a few months. I finally gave in and applied.

I had three Amex cards and a secured Cap1 card at the time of application.

It took a 15 minute phone interview and I was only approved for a 750 CL.

I already had the HP from EQ so I accepted the low CL.

The customer Service was so nice I could not turn down the card.

DAMN! 800 FICO and only approved for $750? Did they give you a reason as to why the limit was so low?

Message 14 of 25
babymixer
Regular Contributor

It so interesting to see how each case varies.  Thanks for sharing guys, please keep them coming!

cc's copy
Message 15 of 25
babymixer
Regular Contributor

Mustangfrank, I'm really surprised at your low limit on the card...  At least it will grow with you but still surprised nevertheless.

cc's copy
Message 16 of 25
EandK23
Regular Contributor

The paperwork I received from Discover said my score was 699. I called to recon because I was too anxious to wait for an answer. I was approved for 13K!! I had their card in 1997 but was closed for nonuse which I assume the reason for my high CL.
Message 17 of 25
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@EandK23 wrote:
The paperwork I received from Discover said my score was 699. I called to recon because I was too anxious to wait for an answer. I was approved for 13K!! I had their card in 1997 but was closed for nonuse which I assume the reason for my high CL.

Whoa!!! 13k is an excellent initial credit limit for Discover.

Message 18 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I just noticed Discover got rid of the credit score tracker...I was going to enroll today too. Damn.

Message 19 of 25
pt2005
Regular Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I just noticed Discover got rid of the credit score tracker...I was going to enroll today too. Damn.

I read from last week that Discover is paying $214 mil for court fines and stuff for "misleading" users to register for the ScoreTracker. Looks like they will hold on to it for a while to make some changes, or they will simply drop it.

Anyway, back to the original topic: I got approved for $1000 with 3.99 APR. Got 7-10 message. Called Analyst and talked to about 15 minutes. Finally he said "it looks like you're rebuilding your credit, right?" I said yes. Then he gave me $1000. That was Oct 2012. Since then I've been using it a lot by putting 2-3K through it already and paid like 5 times. Have not seen an Auto yet. Also I tried calling numerous numbers to ask for CLI but received message "You have to wait 6 months".

I would like to hear from folks who receive auto CLI from Discover before 6th month. Thanks

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.