Did you mean: 

Discover More

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover More

@pt2005 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I just noticed Discover got rid of the credit score tracker...I was going to enroll today too. Damn.

I read from last week that Discover is paying $214 mil for court fines and stuff for "misleading" users to register for the ScoreTracker. Looks like they will hold on to it for a while to make some changes, or they will simply drop it.

Anyway, back to the original topic: I got approved for $1000 with 3.99 APR. Got 7-10 message. Called Analyst and talked to about 15 minutes. Finally he said "it looks like you're rebuilding your credit, right?" I said yes. Then he gave me $1000. That was Oct 2012. Since then I've been using it a lot by putting 2-3K through it already and paid like 5 times. Have not seen an Auto yet. Also I tried calling numerous numbers to ask for CLI but received message "You have to wait 6 months".

I would like to hear from folks who receive auto CLI from Discover before 6th month. Thanks

3.99 APR? Wow. I got approved with a 18.99% APR after my 0% promo period. You must have been invited. Pre-approval right? Right after I did the app, I got a preapproval for 9.99% APR. Lol. Discover is somewhat conservative. They do give auto CLIs after 6 months (6 statements). I still have 3 more statements to go before I see an increase. I made a lot of use out of my card so we shall see what they give me.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 21 of 25
FinallyBetterCredit
Established Member

My wife got it with a 658 EQ. She had some baddies from 2007. Had to call in but approved for $1200.
USAA World MasterCard 10000, American Express EBC 2000, Citi Diamond Preferred 1000, Chase Freedom Visa 1500, Lowes StoreCard 800,USAA Classic Platinum MasterCard 500, BOA 123 Visa 1000
Your FICO® score at Equifax is
676 as of December 6, 2012
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was invited to apply. My EQ FICO was 670 at the time. I only had student loans that I have been paying on since 2006 (one which was almost paid in full)...never late. SO this was my first card and I was instantly approved for $11.3K

Message 23 of 25
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I had a 719 at the time, they pulled Equifax and gave me $10,000

Message 24 of 25
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I was approved with a score in teh 700s.  They started me out with a low limit.  They tripled it in about a year or so without my asking.  Shopdiscover and the 5% categories are awesome.  I highly recommend this card.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.