Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More

tag
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover More

@highway91 wrote:

@i recieved my welcome email @ 6am but still could not sign on online....

I wasn't able to sign online until I got my card in the mail. I assume there's some sort of glitch in their approval system and account setup. No need to worry! 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 11 of 16
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

It takes two or three days for them to set up your online account.  You will get an email when its available.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I experienced the exact same thing recently with my Discover card. Was instantly approved. Got the message and set up my online account. Waited a few hours and then wanted to see if I could login to my acount. Got the message that they are still setting it up but then saw a place to check my application status. Went ahead and checked because I was curious about what my limit would be and got that my app was being reviewed and I would hear something in 30 days.

Definitely made me nervous but I just left it alone. Checked back the next day I believe and my app status was approved with a 5,500 limit.

Must have just been a glitch or maybe because I was checking so soon after applying it wasnt fully in the system yet.

In either case if you get the instant approval message I wouldnt be worried.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI this happened to me just last nightI was instantly approved after receiving an invite in the mail and the system asked me to setup my profile (online payments,paperless billing, etcand it invited me to log on, which I could notI called within two hours to see what my CL would be and the lovely young woman told me that it was already in the system but since it was the end of the day and the approval office was closed I would have to wait until tomorrowShe did say it can take as long as 72 hrs but on average you get a 'decision' within 24Wait what?!? I was invited, preapproved, and actually approved by your system...lol.

While I believe it to be a timing thing in my case that system is a bit wonkyApproval telling you that your card will be to you within 7-10 business days but in truth it needs final approval and it isn't finalI am not worried though, I am going to simply call later today as the online system gives me the 30 days message. They probably must want to confirm my info before my account goes live and my card is sent out.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Update* Called a few minutes ago and they apologized for the confusion between the automatic approval and the status pending message.  Rep said they did want to confirm a few things: rent/mortgage, whether or not I would carry a balance or pay in full, and my level of education(?!?!?).  She confirmed my approval with a $4,000 CL and welcomed me to discover. Smiley Very Happy  I just opened my first credit card since College in October (CapOne Rewards $300 CL) and my credit score has gone up 30 points since then, so I expected to get approved, though going from $300 to $4,000 was a shock,  I expected $1,000-1,500 or so.

Message 15 of 16
getahead
Regular Contributor

@MichaelBernard wrote:

*Update* Called a few minutes ago and they apologized for the confusion between the automatic approval and the status pending message.  Rep said they did want to confirm a few things: rent/mortgage, whether or not I would carry a balance or pay in full, and my level of education(?!?!?).  She confirmed my approval with a $4,000 CL and welcomed me to discover. Smiley Very Happy  I just opened my first credit card since College in October (CapOne Rewards $300 CL) and my credit score has gone up 30 points since then, so I expected to get approved, though going from $300 to $4,000 was a shock,  I expected $1,000-1,500 or so.

Congrats on your new card, nice CL!!

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690
Goal Score: 700 Club

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.