Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More

tag
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Discover More

My wife has just gotten a solicited offer from Discover More. A reward program sounds not bad. I have no experience with Discover, therefore a few questions.

1. What is approval rate of this card?

2. What do they pull?

3. How is Discover generous with CL?

4. According to FG, needed FICO is 748, sounds unreal, but who knows.

Any input is highly appreciated.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Re: Discover More

Discover is a great card! the requirements are strict but I urge anyone with a fico over 685 and slim to no baddies to apply. I have known discover to pull mostly TU or EX. however, they sometimes pull all 3 to make sure everything is consistent.

Message Edited by CreditDrama85 on 01-24-2008 08:57 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Discover More card (it used to be called Platinum).  The card was opened in 1999 and they pulled EX.  I don't know the approval rate, but Discover does have very stringent underwriting.  They are sticter than AMEX.

My initial CL was 5K and it has steadily increased every 6 months.   My average FICO score is 780.  They do soft pulls frequently - about every 2 months. 

Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 6
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Scout1965 wrote:
I have a Discover More card (it used to be called Platinum).  The card was opened in 1999 and they pulled EX.  I don't know the approval rate, but Discover does have very stringent underwriting.  They are sticter than AMEX.

My initial CL was 5K and it has steadily increased every 6 months.   My average FICO score is 780.  They do soft pulls frequently - about every 2 months. 

Hope this helps.

Thank you, Scout. Indeed, your info helped very much. Based on your info I will not apply. Thanks.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not have More, I have Miles, and yes they are strict. Frankly, I am suprised I got it, but it was only w/ a 1500 limit to start. Plus my scores were a little higher then.
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

wmarat wrote:
My wife has just gotten a solicited offer from Discover More. A reward program sounds not bad. I have no experience with Discover, therefore a few questions.

1. What is approval rate of this card?

2. What do they pull?

3. How is Discover generous with CL?

4. According to FG, needed FICO is 748, sounds unreal, but who knows.

Any input is highly appreciated.

1.) The approval rate is not high unless you have really good scores and no baddies; and they are not BK friendly.

2.) Discover looks at all three reports but usually does one hard pull on EX or TU.

3.) Depending on your income, app and FICO scores you could hit the jackpot. Their max credit line is 50K. If you can prove an income of 121K+, you might qualify for this.

4.) FG, IMO, is a waste of time. Their numbers are WAY off. Here's an example. FG recommends a score of at least 715 for an Amex Delta Sky miles card. This is nonsense, a score in the lower 600's might get an approval.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.