Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More.....

tag
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Discover More.....

Today I received a pre-approval for Discover More - 0% APR on purchases until Feb. 09 and 1.99% APR on BTs for 1 year with a $99 max BT fee.

I have been wanting a card with a good BT and this seems pretty good. I have some sitting on a Penfed card but it is mixed - some of it is at 2.9%, 5.9% and then the regular rate (I think 12.9%). I would like to move all of it to a new card at a lower APR.

Of course, I get this offer now when I am in the process of refinancing my home. Penfed approved us and we are set to close in about 7 weeks pending appraisal (we were locked in for 24 months on our previous mortgage). Any thoughts? Could I call my mortgage person at Penfed and just ask if they wouldn't like that? Or is this just a case where I have to suck it up and wait? The pre-approval is valid until the end of this month.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover More.....

@gary4872 wrote:
Today I received a pre-approval for Discover More - 0% APR on purchases until Feb. 09 and 1.99% APR on BTs for 1 year with a $99 max BT fee.

I have been wanting a card with a good BT and this seems pretty good. I have some sitting on a Penfed card but it is mixed - some of it is at 2.9%, 5.9% and then the regular rate (I think 12.9%). I would like to move all of it to a new card at a lower APR.

Of course, I get this offer now when I am in the process of refinancing my home. Penfed approved us and we are set to close in about 7 weeks pending appraisal (we were locked in for 24 months on our previous mortgage). Any thoughts? Could I call my mortgage person at Penfed and just ask if they wouldn't like that? Or is this just a case where I have to suck it up and wait? The pre-approval is valid until the end of this month.

You answered your own question. I especially wouldn't mess with it since PenFed is also your mortgage lender.

If Discover likes you now, they'll like you later. Smiley Wink I just got my third pre-approval from them.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.