Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover More

tag
mphan
Contributor

Re: Discover More

I have 2 PP acc (member since 2005). They never charge me a fee for transfer/receive money. First time I see that fee table. lol
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a member of eBay since 2000 and PayPal shortly thereafter and they have always charged fees to receive money. No way around that. You can transfer money to your own bank accounts, etc. if it's already in your account but to send money to another paypal account is basically making a payment in which case there is always a fee for the recipient of the payment. How are you getting around this? What are you specifically doing?

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 03-13-2009 07:51 AM
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been a member of eBay since 2000 and PayPal shortly thereafter and they have always charged fees to receive money. No way around that. You can transfer money to your own bank accounts, etc. if it's already in your account but to send money to another paypal account is basically making a payment in which case there is always a fee for the recipient of the payment. How are you getting around this? What are you specifically doing?

Looks like I've had my PayPal account since 2002 and have only been able to make & receive "fee free" transfers when I'm just sending money between friends using the "Instant Transfer" option (which is ONLY a checking debit option, not funding via credit card).

There's no fee to SEND money via credit card, but the receiver has to pay the fee to ACCEPT the credit card payment. 

If there were actually a way to avoid the fee I'd have to imagine this would be exploited a lot more.  This would be a pretty gigantic loophole for getting around CC merchant fees, for example, and you could seriously exploit cash back credit cards by repeatedly running huge CC "payments" though Paypal and immediately paying down the balance, over and over...

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

how many cards does Discover let one person have?
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mphan wrote:
They are cash advance check. You can also get cash transfer directly to your checking. The rate for this type of cash access is super high.

Not so - I just used one of those checks from Discover and it showed as a balance transfer, not a cash advance.  It came in one of those packs where they give you one that is really low % but only good for a couple months, and another that had a higher 5% interest but was good for 3 years. It was used to pay off a vet bill that we wanted to pay off but vet wasn't happy about accepting payments.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheezy, the vet wasn't happy about accepting a balance transfer check as payment? why?
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.