Regular Contributor
danisgods

Discover More

[ Edited ]

Just activated my band new Discover more, what a beautiful card,BTW, it seems like it's gotten a new look, or its my card only :smileyhappy: the CSR was saying on the phone my account was upgraded , i have many more benefits than an usuall card has, it came with a little flyer with all it's info on it. She also enrolled me on the 5% cash back program, and told me i can sign up for more online, i thought you didn't need to sign up for it instead it would'vr been automatic:smileysad:

Great customer service though. :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
JaseT

Re: Discover More

danisgods wrote:

Just activated my band new Discover more, what a beautiful card,BTW, it seems like it's gotten a new look, or its my card only :smileyhappy: CSR was saying on the phone my account was upgraded , i have many more benefits then a usuall card has, it came with a little flyer with all of info on it. She also enrolled me on the 5% cash back program, and told me i can sign up for more online, i thought you didn't need to sign up for :smileysad:

Great customer service though. :smileyhappy:

Sounds like the same benefits that they usually have. BTW...which card did you get? They have like 100 designs to choose from!

Starting Score 5/06/10: TU: 671 EQ: 633 EX: ???
Current Score 2/05/11: TU: 790 EQ: 782 EX: 745
Goal Score: 800

PSECU Visa/PSL $20k - USAA Plat MC $11k - AMEX Premier Rewards Gold - AMEX Zync - Citi Diamond Preferred MC - Discover More $2.5k
Regular Contributor
danisgods

i chose the plain one. i already have 2 other cards with a picture i chose on it, so i might as well get a plain one.

New Contributor
chriscowboy

The extra benefits he is referring to, he is correct. I applied for a Discover More Card a few months back, along with my wife. We both were approved. After we got our cards, mine had the same flyer OP is referring to, with 'extra' benefits for a 'premier' type account or w/e. Also when logging into both our online accounts we see the different benefits, per the flyer. Apparantly they have a different tier when it comes to benefits for the More card.

Crawl-Garden-Walk-Garden-Fly-Garden
Regular Contributor
danisgods

chriscowboy wrote:

The extra benefits he is referring to, he is correct. I applied for a Discover More Card a few months back, along with my wife. We both were approved. After we got our cards, mine had the same flyer OP is referring to, with 'extra' benefits for a 'premier' type account or w/e. Also when logging into both our online accounts we see the different benefits, per the flyer. Apparantly they have a different tier when it comes to benefits for the More card.

there is exactly it! She says after reviewing my app they noticed i was able to get those extra benefits, so they threw them in...

Regular Contributor
JaseT

I just checked the paperwork that came with my Discover card and I have that little info book too. I just figured everybody got it!  LOL

Guess I better read up on it and see what extras I have.

PSECU Visa/PSL $20k - USAA Plat MC $11k - AMEX Premier Rewards Gold - AMEX Zync - Citi Diamond Preferred MC - Discover More $2.5k
New Contributor
jonmyers

Wait... there's different tiers within the More card?  How do I know which tier I'm in?  I looked on the website, but couldn't find anything.

Jon

Regular Contributor
JaseT

The booklet has "Your exclusive benefits...You've Been Upgraded." on the cover. On the inside it has a list of benefits and a message that states, "As a premium cardmember, your account has been upgraded to receive the following exclusive benefits..."

Regular Contributor
alph4

Anyone care to share any of the "top-tier" benefits?

Current Cards:
American Express Blue Cash Preferred - March 2007 - CL $10,000
Citi Forward Visa Signature - September 2009 - CL $6,500
Chase Freedom - March 2011 - CL $15,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - May 2013 - CL $12,500
Discover It - November 2013 - $5,000
Barclay Arrival - January 2014 - $10,000
Established Contributor
ibmrad7

I along with 3 of my colleagues applied for discover More since december 2010 and we all got the same "You have been upgraded - booklets and benefits". I think its just a standard now a days

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}