Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Motiva vs. Discover More

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Motiva vs. Discover More

What are the differences between the Discover Motiva and the More cards?  My husband and I did the "find pre-approved offers" on the Discover website and Motiva was suggested for him while More was for me?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover Motiva vs. Discover More

Basically the same card. Introductory Purchase APR on More is 0.00% APR for 15 months then the Standard Purchase APR. The Motiva is 3.99% APR for 15 months then the Standard Purchase APR. Motiva also reduces interest for each on time payment, IMO the interest on Motiva is probably higher to begin with. If you pay in full each month it wouldn't matter. When I applied I got the More card but only got 3.9% interest for 6 months but I got my foot in the door. That is what he would more than likely get offered if he went for the More card. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to get my foot back in the door with Discover.  I recently was approved for Amex Zync and my utilization is under 20%.  I have a very small medical collection that I am disputing, otherwise no other baddies on my report.  Oldest account is 15 years, AAoA is 6 years, I believe.  Do you think I have a shot for the More with my scores (below)?

Message 3 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

My AAOA was 3 years 4 months. My length of reported credit history was 14 years 7 months. My bank didn't report before that. I had 1 paid tax lien released in 2009 and one 30 day late from 2007. I became permanently disabled and had no income for awhile. I explained that when they called and they gave me $1000 limit to start. My scores are below. They pulled EQ my score that they sent me at the time of approval was 675. I think you have a chance. When you apply and they want you to create a password and login you have a real good chance. If they decline you they may send you to HSBC Discover link fot their card. good luck. Smiley Wink

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My hands shaking the entire time, I applied for the Discover More card...and was approved for $1,500!  I can't believe it. Smiley Surprised  One year ago, I couldn't get approved for a store card and this week, I was approved for an Amex and a Discover card.  It feels amazing. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

I've been getting pre-approvals in the mail for the More card almost 2 times a week lately.  Might pull the trigger and grab it.  Scores are low 700's.  If I get it, I could dump one of my old cards back from when I began rebuilding (aka Cap1 with an annual fee)  What does everyone think?

Message 6 of 10
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My hands shaking the entire time, I applied for the Discover More card...and was approved for $1,500!  I can't believe it. Smiley Surprised  One year ago, I couldn't get approved for a store card and this week, I was approved for an Amex and a Discover card.  It feels amazing. Smiley Happy

CONGRATS! There are few better feelings in the credit world than being approved for a prime credit card.

You earned it...enjoy! Smiley Very Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!! BTW if anyone is interested in applying for Discover More or other CC I would recommend to check out http://www.financeglobe.com/ScoreMatch/ and enter your current EQ/TU FICO score to get an idea of the CC's you can get with your score. Remember though YMMV

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Comp5569 wrote:

I've been getting pre-approvals in the mail for the More card almost 2 times a week lately.  Might pull the trigger and grab it.  Scores are low 700's.  If I get it, I could dump one of my old cards back from when I began rebuilding (aka Cap1 with an annual fee)  What does everyone think?

How old is the Cap1 card?  And what's the annual fee on it?  If it's helping your account age, maybe you should hold onto it a bit longer?

Message 9 of 10
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

Cap1 is about 3 years old.  Annual fee is like 39 bucks.  I have one card that is about 9 years old.  Then about 3 that are 3 years old.  My other cards are a Bank of America UPromise, Citi Thank You, and an HSBC Weekend.  I plan on cutting the HSBC up.  Don't really use it ever.  HSBC makes it a pain in the butt to pay the bill.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.