Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover...My Happiness!

tag
chadwick
New Contributor

Discover...My Happiness!

Happy Weekend to everyone!

I updated my app spree post to show I got approved for a Discover card, finally!

When I applied for the Discover It Student card about a month ago, they denied me because of 2 recent CO and when I tried to recon I asked them to pull another report hoping it would be my only 100% clean report EQ and sure enough they did, it was EQ but they still denied me! So I was left with 2 HP's and my tail between my legs lol.

Fast forward to last night I got my report cleaned up (some parking ticket went unpaid and ended up on my report! got it taken care of though) and had an app itch, so this time I applied for the regular Discover It card. Got the 5-7 day message, but they also had a phone # to call if I wanted to speed up the process. I called and got transferred to a senior credit analyst who asked me a couple of questions and approved me for $1.5k! Small, but I'll take it!

I was sure they had pulled TU again since the approval was so painless, but when I pulled my reports tonight I discovered (lol) that they had actually pulled EX, my worst report of the three! It has 2 CO and a PR! The only thing that has changed since applying is all the new accounts and inquiries reporting and my utl going way down...

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

Re: Discover...My Happiness!

Congrats!👍 They pulled EQ which my worst of the 3 CRA.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

congratz

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 3 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@chadwick wrote:

Happy Weekend to everyone!

I updated my app spree post to show I got approved for a Discover card, finally!

When I applied for the Discover It Student card about a month ago, they denied me because of 2 recent CO and when I tried to recon I asked them to pull another report hoping it would be my only 100% clean report EQ and sure enough they did, it was EQ but they still denied me! So I was left with 2 HP's and my tail between my legs lol.

Fast forward to last night I got my report cleaned up (some parking ticket went unpaid and ended up on my report! got it taken care of though) and had an app itch, so this time I applied for the regular Discover It card. Got the 5-7 day message, but they also had a phone # to call if I wanted to speed up the process. I called and got transferred to a senior credit analyst who asked me a couple of questions and approved me for $1.5k! Small, but I'll take it!

I was sure they had pulled TU again since the approval was so painless, but when I pulled my reports tonight I discovered (lol) that they had actually pulled EX, my worst report of the three! It has 2 CO and a PR! The only thing that has changed since applying is all the new accounts and inquiries reporting and my utl going way down...

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on getting your cr cleaned up and the approval!
Message 5 of 13
chadwick
New Contributor

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy

What's the schedule of CLI's like for Discover? Automatic or manual? Sp or Hp?
Message 6 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@chadwick wrote:
Thanks everyone Smiley Happy

What's the schedule of CLI's like for Discover? Automatic or manual? Sp or Hp?

It was every 6 months but we are now seeing 3-4 months and some are SP's but if you ask for a big increase they ask you if you're willing for a HP.

At which time you can delcine 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 13
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

We will need to do additional research before processing your requested credit line increase.

Processing your request of $1,000 will require us to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score.

When you click "Submit" below we will pull your full credit report and review the requested amount by which we can increase your credit line. This typically takes two business days.

If you do not wish to continue with your credit line increase request, click "Cancel".

I"M SCARED TO GO THRU WITH THIS

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 8 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:
We will need to do additional research before processing your requested credit line increase.

Processing your request of $1,000 will require us to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score.

When you click "Submit" below we will pull your full credit report and review the requested amount by which we can increase your credit line. This typically takes two business days.

If you do not wish to continue with your credit line increase request, click "Cancel".

I"M SCARED TO GO THRU WITH THIS

HP step away from the computer and return to the garden

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 9 of 13
chadwick
New Contributor

Very cool that they tell you it will be a HP.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.