Did you mean: 

Discover NEW Payment Method

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover NEW Payment Method

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm confused....  You have always been able to redeem your CB as a statement credit.

Am I missing something?

+1. This is not new.

Plus, you still have to make your monthly payment in any event.

I think you'd agree that I meant "new" as in new feature. The option to pay with cashback in the payment portal is new, as aforementioned. 

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

This post by gdale probably would be a good post for you to read:

I would actually want to confirm they have changed their T&Cs as statement credit never sufficed for a minimum payment if one is carrying a balance on the card.

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This post by gdale probably would be a good post for you to read:

I would actually want to confirm they have changed their T&Cs as statement credit never sufficed for a minimum payment if one is carrying a balance on the card.

Uhhh......are we talking about the same thing here?

I'm just talking about my original post....not anyone else's, which is what FlagDownRR was quoting, stating that this feature was not new. 

Message 23 of 27
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

I did this on my last payment. You have to make a normal minimum payment at least and then you can use your credits on top of this. You cannot use the statement credit 'payment' to fulfill the minimum payment.

I'm not sure what would happen if you had enough statement credit to fully pay your balance, if then you could use it. For me, the world may never know the answer to that question..... I balance transferred everything onto my discover card.

Dan
Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redbeard wrote:
I did this on my last payment. You have to make a normal minimum payment at least and then you can use your credits on top of this. You cannot use the statement credit 'payment' to fulfill the minimum payment.

Thank you Dan for pointing that out Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@redbeard wrote:

Thank you Dan for pointing that out Smiley Happy

Well if that's the case, it is basically the same as a statement credit... that's too bad.  Smiley Sad

Thanks for the clarification.  I plan on letting my own rewards accumulate until they get 'doubled' anyway, but I was hopeful this was something that could possibly help other folks out.  Apparently they are just 'repackaging' something that's already available.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting ... not on my account!
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.