Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover: Negative Cashback Bonus? / NO Auto-Cli @ 3mo

tag
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Discover: Negative Cashback Bonus? / NO Auto-Cli @ 3mo

My 3rd statement cut tonight and I didn't get the auto-cli everyone else seemed to be getting, which was disappointing.

But, there was another surprise on there:  I earned NEGATIVE cash back on the statement.

Investigating, it looks like a Barnes & Noble purchase I made when they were running 15% c/b was reversed.  I never returned anything (bought a Nook Tablet), and the math doesn't add up either.  I'm going to call Disco in the morning (too tired right now) but has anyone ever seen this before?

Here are the B&N transactions from the Cashback Detail... as you can see, the amount reversed is greater than the original Casback I earned... it's mind boggling:

This statement:

ShopDiscover & Promotional
SHOPD 15% CBB - BARNES & NOBLE+ $-37.35

Original statement where I got it:

ShopDiscover & Promotional
$50 REWARD W/ APPROVED REFER+ $50.00
SHOPD 15% CBB - BARNES & NOBLE+ $35.55

(couldn't figure out how to take out the top row)

I've never earned any other B&N Cashback, either.  There is a difference of -$1.80, which I don't understand more than I don't understand the reversal in the first place.

Thoughts before I call them?  

I look forward to reading your opinions when I wake up!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Discover: Negative Cashback Bonus?

Well... as it turns out the Supervisor at Discover couldn't figure it out either... he reversed the full 37.35 mistake and it will be on my next statement.

Easiest <10 minute phone call ever.  Love Discover!

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Message 2 of 7
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Good for you!  Yeah - I have been playing around the Discover site today and seeing that the card has many more benefits than I thought.  I had them years ago before bankruptcy and just loved Discover then!  I did not get a CLI at 3 months either.  Next month, I will hit the 6 month period.  We shall see.

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 7
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

The suprvisor actually told me that he can't do anything about a CLI until 6 months, and that Auto-cli's before 6mo were determined by the system, over which he has no control.

So, @ 6 months, if I don't get an auto-cli, I'll do one then.

This month I put $1200 through my $1000 limit card, paying it off constantly.  So hopefully it will pop up @ 6!

-sM

Message 4 of 7
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

I didn't get a cli either...card is over 3 months old, and was also told that I have to wait till the card turns 6 mos.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 5 of 7
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Yeah, but if you ask, it is a hard pull, isnt it?

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 6 of 7
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Don't know about that after 6, but I'm sure they didn't pull me today.  The agent said "I can't even submit it".

-SM

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.