Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Not Reporting

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Not Reporting

That's what happened with me as well and thankfully didn't do any AA as a result. They may be incredibly stingy with me and others, but the customer service is about on par with what I get from Amex and chase.
Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 21 of 25
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@Mantis350 wrote:

so after reading this thread I decided to go to online chat and request a mid-cycle update.  I just got the card a littlle bit earlier this month.  The rep said she would be very happy to do that and immediately reported it to the 3 major CB.  Discover is by far the best customer service I have ever dealt with a CC company.  Are any other companies this great other than AMEX?

IMHO, Barclays is almost as good as Discover and AMEX (at least on the Ring). BoA is also good if you have a fair amount of money with them (are part of Preferred Rewards).

Also, IMHO, Citi and Barclays (Sallie Mae) are a fair amount worse than Discover and AMEX. When I need help on the SM, I normally call in on the Ring number since the CSRs are a lot better on the Ring. I think Citi is my least favorite.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 22 of 25
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@chwebb1 wrote:

@Mantis350 wrote:

so after reading this thread I decided to go to online chat and request a mid-cycle update.  I just got the card a littlle bit earlier this month.  The rep said she would be very happy to do that and immediately reported it to the 3 major CB.  Discover is by far the best customer service I have ever dealt with a CC company.  Are any other companies this great other than AMEX?

IMHO, Barclays is almost as good as Discover and AMEX (at least on the Ring). BoA is also good if you have a fair amount of money with them (are part of Preferred Rewards).

Also, IMHO, Citi and Barclays (Sallie Mae) are a fair amount worse than Discover and AMEX. When I need help on the SM, I normally call in on the Ring number since the CSRs are a lot better on the Ring. I think Citi is my least favorite.

Citi's regular CS is a joke to me, their online chat is ok while their EO and AskCiti services are both much better. They are an inconsistent mixed bag imho.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

they take a while it happened with my Discover It. Just call them up after the first statement closes and tell them just still dont see the card being reported. they will sent manually.  

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:
I honestly didn't expect such a reaction and outrage from people over this. I just thought it was unusual and wanted to make sure there wasn't anything wrong. I think all the Sct approval threads are much more "ridiculous" than this.

Agreed!

@kdm31091 wrote:

I don't think a HP CLI for 500 is ridiculous. It is what it is. If you want an increase and the only way they'll do it is HP, sometimes you have to just go for it. One HP is not the end of the world. Your score is not going to drop 50 points! Do what you need to do Smiley Happy

Oh, it's quite ridiculous.

Using this logic, I guess they should just do a triple pull for every CLI. Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.