Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Offer Alert: Earn $75 Cashback For Monthly Spending

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Discover Offer Alert: Earn $75 Cashback For Monthly Spending

Hey all! Was chatting with my brother about his Discover card (he's carrying a balance...oye vey! At least it's his lowest APR card and he's doing great with it). Anyways, he mentioned this cashback bonus he saw online and it got me more excited than it did him! Figured I share for those who haven't logged in to see it yet:

Switch your spending to Discover for an extra $50 Cashback Bonus.

It's easy to make Discover your "everything" card. Spend $500 every month, from 10/01/2013 to 02/28/2014, and you'll get an extra $75 Cashback Bonus!

That would definitely make me switch my everyday spending over, IF I HAD ONE!

One day though, no rush!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Discover Offer Alert: Earn $75 Cashback Each Month!

Really each month (as your title suggests)?  The wording looks like one $75 bonus after the four months.

Message 2 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Woops, you're right! Thank you, longtime; I'll update my title. It looks like if you spend $500 per month for 5 months, then you earn $75.

Message 3 of 23
Brusilov
Established Contributor

It's still a good deal.  Especially if you happen to spend most of the $500/mo in the bonus category!

Message 4 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

It's still a good deal.  Especially if you happen to spend most of the $500/mo in the bonus category!

Definitely! I did the math, and say you spent exactly $500 per month on non-category spending. Over the course of 5 months ($2500 total), that's 3% cashback on non-category spending. Now, on the opposite spectrum, if you used it for all 5x category spending of exactly $2500 (within the quarterly caps, of course), that's upwards of 8% cash back.

Message 5 of 23
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

That's a pretty nice offer that your brother got!!  If I had received such an offer, I might be inspired to clean the cobwebs off my Discover card.  lol

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 6 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

Going to check my account now if its there I can add it to the 42.00 dollars I already have Wooo Hooo 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

My offer was terrible.. it said spend 1500 each month for 6 months to get 200 cash back. That's a lot of cash each month! lol
Message 8 of 23
DieGo2SHAE
Regular Contributor

Not seeing the offer when I log in Smiley Sad If I had it then I'd reach it easily since I use my discover for flights (5% cb for Orbitz on shopdiscover) and I fly about 20 times a year, most of those flights being at the end/beginning of the year.

May 2013 | June 2013 |Sep 2013 | Dec 2013 |May 2014 | May 2014 | May 2014| April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015
Message 9 of 23
resilient
Established Contributor

Thanks for this information! Though I burned Discover years ago, I have passed this on to my ex-wife, for she was fortunate enough to not have burned them lol

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.