cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Offer Alert: Earn $75 Cashback For Monthly Spending

tag
minipoly1
Contributor

Re: Discover Offer Alert: Earn $75 Cashback Each Month!

Where can I see the offer?

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
Message 11 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

For my brother, it was when he logged in. On the new account screen, it was below the account information and below the line of text that either says "increase your credit line" or "cash advance" or "balance transfer", depending on what it wants to advertise when you log in.

Now that he is signed up, we can't see the offer anywhere...however, for October, it will have an analyzer that shows your progress per month toward the $500. He was able to preview what it looks like!

Message 12 of 23
minipoly1
Contributor

I see nothing. Nothing special. Guess I did not get any offer this time. Sigh.

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
Message 13 of 23
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Offer Alert: Earn $75 Cashback For Monthly Spending

Unfortunately, no such offer for my Discover account. This looks like a targeted offer.

Message 14 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

My offer was an e-mail that said switch your spending to Discover... 1500 each month - 6 months - 200 cashback.
Message 15 of 23
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I haven't seen this offer on my account either...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

Nothing there for me either

Message 17 of 23
Eightiron
Contributor

The original post sounds an awful lot like the cut and dry quarterly bonus.  Which would be 1 month shy of the 500 a month to get $75 cash back, am I right?  Could this possibly be for those who didnt sign up for the quarlerly 5% bonus?  I'm new to Discover, so I'm unsure how it works.

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 18 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Sorry everybody who didn't receive it :/ I guess it is a super exclusive offer Smiley Sad

eightiron: it looks like it's in addition to the 5x quarterly. So, considering october-december is one ($75 cashback max) and jan-feb is another (still $75 cashback max, but with $500 spend per month, let's say $50), you could effectively get $200 back if you hit the minimum of $500 spend per month only in the bonus categories. If you max out your 5x during the jan-feb period, that's $225 back. So almost like a 50% cash back incentive on top of the bonus categories between Oct-Feb if you use it correctly.

Message 19 of 23
Eightiron
Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Sorry everybody who didn't receive it :/ I guess it is a super exclusive offer Smiley Sad

eightiron: it looks like it's in addition to the 5x quarterly. So, considering october-december is one ($75 cashback max) and jan-feb is another (still $75 cashback max, but with $500 spend per month, let's say $50), you could effectively get $200 back if you hit the minimum of $500 spend per month only in the bonus categories. If you max out your 5x during the jan-feb period, that's $225 back. So almost like a 50% cash back incentive on top of the bonus categories between Oct-Feb if you use it correctly.

Lets hope I have the offer waiting for me when I get my card in the mail and open my account.

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.