Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Open Road EMV Chip!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Discover Open Road EMV Chip!!!

I already have Discover IT EMV Chip card. I called them to see if they have EMV Chip for Open Road. The customer service put me on hold for a minute to check. She came back and told me it is available now. She asked me I had to choose the new design. I picked the light blue design. I don't know what it looks like. I hope it is good looking.

Ron.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Open Road EMV Chip!!!

LOL...
Im calling tomorrow to get the chip for my iT. Im a little surprised they didn't send it with a chip to begin with, I just got the card in February.
Message 2 of 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

I got my renewal Card in January. They didn't have it. She told me they just came out EMV chip for Open Road. I haven't checked the Miles Card.

Ron.
Message 3 of 8
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

What's EMV chip for Open Road? What does it do (what's the benefits)?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You haven't heard of open road because there is no reason to have one...if you don't already have it don't worry about it but if necessary you can google it

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DigitalArk wrote:

Emv is a chip in the card. (The little silver thing in left corner, lol) is more secure then swiping. Not all places have the equipment required though. 

Message 6 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Lincoln465 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

Emv is a chip in the card. (The little silver thing in left corner, lol) is more secure then swiping. Not all places have the equipment required though. 

At the risk of sounding nitpicky, most newer terminals are capable of processing EMV (see if they have a slot in the front to insert the CC).  However, very few places have activated this capacity to date.   This will be changing as we get closer and closer to October.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Lincoln465 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

At the risk of sounding nitpicky, most newer terminals are capable of processing EMV (see if they have a slot in the front to insert the CC).  However, very few places have activated this capacity to date.   This will be changing as we get closer and closer to October.  

Most of the establishments i shop at do not have the card readers with the slot in the front lol. I live in NY, if my location matters. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.