cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Owned by Capital One? NOPE!

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Owned by Capital One? NOPE!

Wouldn't this be an absolute nightmare.  How in the world would they ever be able to dumb down the Discover CSRs to Crap One level.

"NO!!  You must not speak like a human.  ONLY read from the script!!!"

Message 31 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Wouldn't this be an absolute nightmare.  How in the world would they ever be able to dumb down the Discover CSRs to Crap One level.

"NO!!  You must not speak like a human.  ONLY read from the script!!!"

But....   So, what kind of cashback is doubled with the Discover IT offer.   We had CSRs, in full human mode, telling people "1% only", "1 and 5%, but not Discover Deals", "all cash back" etc.   And on my end, we will send you an EMV card right now, followed by, I apologize, chipped cards aren't yet available on the Miles card.

Bottom line: sometimes a script is better than a friendly person who answers confidently without knowledge....

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

In order to keep costs down discover is only selling the accounts that took the cash back offer...Nooooo.

When I talked to the discover rep about the double cash back they were either reading from a script or very well informed.
Message 33 of 37
Bman70
Established Contributor

It would make sense for Discover to double cashback before selling.. To maximize their account holders and retention, so they could sell for more. OK someone just needs to call and BT from their Discover to Cap1, put the rumor to rest.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bman70 wrote:

It would make sense for Discover to double cashback before selling.. To maximize their account holders and retention, so they could sell for more. OK someone just needs to call and BT from their Discover to Cap1, put the rumor to rest.

You are right... I actually forgot I did a small transfer to CAP 1 last month... Here you go and lets put this rumor to REST!!!!!!!!!

Unknown.png

Message 35 of 37
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

It's a rumor look at their stock prices over the past five years.

image.jpg

Message 36 of 37
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Can we all just agree that anything stated by Capital One reps needs to be backed up with proof before posting? 

These threads come up every week, and it always ends the same way: a misinformed CSR. 

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.