cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Payment Due Date Change (Won't Change To A Certain Date)

tag
Financiers
Valued Member

Discover Payment Due Date Change (Won't Change To A Certain Date)

Hey everyone,

I just received a Discover It card and on the paperwork it says that they let you change your payment due date. I talked to a representative and they said that they could not change my payment due date to the 9th, but could change it to the 12th.  I really don't understand why a certain date wouldn't be available.  I asked her and she said that she doesn't know if it will ever even become available.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  I'm hoping that it will eventually change and become available.  Albeit a minor inconvenience and annoyance, it's not the best welcoming i've had.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rlx01
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Payment Due Date Change (Won't Change To A Certain Date)

You usually have to wait for the first statement before changing due dates.
Message 2 of 5
mikelo22
Established Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
You usually have to wait for the first statement before changing due dates.

This. Wait for the first statement to cut then try.

Message 3 of 5
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

I think i was able to change due date online after 3 billing cycles and yes when you get that option all days in a month are not available , you have to chose from the allowed days. 

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 4 of 5
Financiers
Valued Member

Thanks guys.   Yeah, I wasn't sure about the days, but I guess I got lucky when I changed the other due dates on other cards.  Thanks again

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.