Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Portfolio department for CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Portfolio department for CLI?

Received the 2day message when I requested a CLI, hadn't heard anything in around 3-4 days so I secure messaged Discover and was told to call the Portfolio department to update income and employment info... That they were still reviewing it or something like that...

Has anyone else ever had to do this?

My card was once secured if that makes a difference
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Portfolio department for CLI?

Yep. Lots of us are in this mess. Read my post from a few weeks ago.

Those of us who had secured cards... seems when graduating we get a CLi but after that all CLIs get the 2 day message and then denied because the system thinks we are still secured even tho they know we aren't. They have been saying for months they know and it will be fixed in 48 hours ... but it never is. Very frustrating
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Received the 2day message when I requested a CLI, hadn't heard anything in around 3-4 days so I secure messaged Discover and was told to call the Portfolio department to update income and employment info... That they were still reviewing it or something like that...

Has anyone else ever had to do this?

My card was once secured if that makes a difference

You can update income and employment information on your profile page.

I've never had to do it but in my first year with Discover every CLI required a HP with the exception of one. Don't get discouraged with Discover your credit limit will grow. They can be a little finicky during the first year with some credit profiles. You are not alone. Recently, I got a $7K CLI. It's the highest CLI I have ever gotten from them. I usually get $1500 each request. Don't give up!Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep. Lots of us are in this mess. Read my post from a few weeks ago.

Those of us who had secured cards... seems when graduating we get a CLi but after that all CLIs get the 2 day message and then denied because the system thinks we are still secured even tho they know we aren't. They have been saying for months they know and it will be fixed in 48 hours ... but it never is. Very frustrating

Have you tried calling or using the chat feature for CLIs? If yes, is it the same outcome?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've tried calling, writing, SM, chat, button.... and all have the same result and all tell me they know about the problem and it will be fixed in 48'hours. Lol. Seriously the longest 48 hours I have ever waited for.
Message 5 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Dj, the longest 2 day everSmiley Wink

This glitch is quitely becoming the year there was no Discover ClausSmiley Wink YipesSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No kidding. Lol.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey saved themselves tho cuz it does say "usually 2 days"
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So DJ is the only one who has had to call the Portfolio department?

I got the denial letter today it did say bank information not received... It says "Thanks for your interest in Discover" regards "New accounts team"

I guess being with them 13 months doesn't mean much!? Especially if they consider me a new account.. ..
Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No i think lots of people who were secured are having this problem. When you get 24 months in, youll be an ol hand at team DiscoSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.