Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-Approval Example

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Pre-Approval Example

I finally got a "personalized offer" from the Discover pre-approval link. Since the wording of the response has been an issue for me before, and I've seen others post questions, I thought I'd show the difference.

Here's a screenshot of the response when the APR is a wide range:

b.jpg

This one says "personalized offer" and has a specific interest rate:

a.jpg

I didn't apply, so I can't say for sure that I'd get the card, but I like the wording on the second image a lot better.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Pre-Approval Example

What's your fico like?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What's your fico like?

680s

Message 3 of 12
wanttobeinthe700club
New Contributor

Thanks for the info on this. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this. I was wondering if anyone had ever gotten a preapproval. Now I know what to wait for. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally got a "personalized offer" from the Discover pre-approval link. Since the wording of the response has been an issue for me before, and I've seen others post questions, I thought I'd show the difference.

Here's a screenshot of the response when the APR is a wide range:

b.jpg

This one says "personalized offer" and has a specific interest rate:

a.jpg

I didn't apply, so I can't say for sure that I'd get the card, but I like the wording on the second image a lot better.

Quick Update - I decided to go ahead and apply. I was approved with a $3000 starting limit. The interest rate had changed from a single rate to a narrow range (19.9% -23.9%), but it still said "personalized offer". The previous single rate was 23.9%. I won't know what the rate actually was until I get the card.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!   It's interesting that it went from one rate to a small range when you checked back in, but I'm glad you got it!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores had gone up about 10 points. Must have been enough to push me into possibly qualifying for the lower rate.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume that's is their normal process.

For months, I used to get 18x-1.  A couple of months ago, I got 13x - 16x.  Applied for the lower apr and approved @ 13 something apr.   Oddly they pulled both EQ and EX.  My EX, their scoreboard score, was somewhere 730.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.