cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-Approval=My First Credit Card.......in Years, In my name at least ;)

tag
dls80
New Contributor

Discover Pre-Approval=My First Credit Card.......in Years, In my name at least ;)

Hi All,

Hope everyone's having a fantabulous New Year! 

So, I have been repairing my credit since I have been legally allowed to obtain credit!  Kid you not.  Long story involving the Express clothing store.  Anywho, I got a few rinky dink cards in college with toy limits (may have even been secured).  Did ok wih them, one mishap/oversight led to another and they were eventually closed.  

Fast forward many eons later and I get married.  Hubby has solid credit.  Now "we" have cc's and "I" handle them very responsibly.  Fast forward several years later, we have a baby, and baby and I have health issues (we are both great now, thanks for wondering...lol)  and rack up medical bills out the wazoo.  On top of that, we fall behind on ALL cc's!  Now, hubby's credit is "jacked-up".

However,  since none of those cc's/bills were in my name my credit gets to th highest I've ever seen it (EQ762FICO).  Decided to apply for Wells Fargo Line of Credit.  Flat out  Denied!!  Tried Recon!  Flat out Denied!  Reasons:  Lack of Revolving accounts, Lack of open credit cards.  Was super bummed about it.  Plan was to pay down debt in hubby's name (consolidate).  So i figured i was in a catch 22.  You know, need credit to get credit.

Then my orange and white credit savior arrived in the mail  a few weeks ago!  I contimplated, and planned for the worst (another ding on my reports).  Since it was a Pre-Approval, I went for it.  My credit is finally turning around.  You guys dont understand.  I have never been able to be PROUD of my credit.  Sure I had credit cards, but never in my name with respectable terms and limits.  2012 has started off successfully, and I plan on carrying this proud moment through many, many, financial years to come!  Thanks for reading and I hope this is inspiration for anyone contemplating giving up.  Dont! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Pre-Approval=My First Credit Card.......in Years, In my name at least ;)

Welcome!

Congrats - Great way to start the year!

Message 2 of 4
learnin113
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Pre-Approval=My First Credit Card.......in Years, In my name at least ;)

Awesome.  And welcome to the forums.

Message 3 of 4
CS800
Super Contributor

Congratulations to you

And yes many of us on here understand what it is to go from bad credit to great credit Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.