Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-Approval Question?

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover Pre-Approval Question?

@smc733 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I did the pre-approval and it came back "recommended offer".

Is that like Capital One where I wasn't pre-qualified BUT these might match what your looking for or is that Discovers wording for this is pre-approved?

That's correct, if you click on "See more offers" you'll get

"Unfortunately we were unable to pre-approve your for a card, but you may like these offers" or something like that

I wasn't pre-approved, but still got a More card with a $1,500 limit so you never know.  They ARE very INQ sensitive, so I'm not sure how that will work out for you (no offense)!

I am not applying at this point, just curious.

I tried the pre approval thing and it gave me the same recommended offer. Then as you said, I clicked on "See more offers" and I got

"You are pre-approved1 for these offers. What does this mean"

Clicking on what does this mean reads:

"You Are Pre-Approved for These Offers

Based on the information you provided, you are pre-approved for any of the card offers you build below."

Does this mean I am pre approved? Are discover pre approvals nearly done deal like amex?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vish1 wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I did the pre-approval and it came back "recommended offer".

Is that like Capital One where I wasn't pre-qualified BUT these might match what your looking for or is that Discovers wording for this is pre-approved?

That's correct, if you click on "See more offers" you'll get

"Unfortunately we were unable to pre-approve your for a card, but you may like these offers" or something like that

I wasn't pre-approved, but still got a More card with a $1,500 limit so you never know.  They ARE very INQ sensitive, so I'm not sure how that will work out for you (no offense)!

I am not applying at this point, just curious.

I tried the pre approval thing and it gave me the same recommended offer. Then as you said, I clicked on "See more offers" and I got

"You are pre-approved1 for these offers. What does this mean"

Clicking on what does this mean reads:

"You Are Pre-Approved for These Offers

Based on the information you provided, you are pre-approved for any of the card offers you build below."

Does this mean I am pre approved? Are discover pre approvals nearly done deal like amex?

I wanna know this too! I have only 1.4yr credit history and I seem to be pre-approved for all of their cards; something smells fishy..

Message 12 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

I did not see millions of different cards, just 100s of avatars of more and escape spanning across abt 10 pages

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 13 of 20
mross1080
Established Contributor

I fell for the pre approval a couple months ago and got offered the hsbc discover.

Message 14 of 20
JaseT
Established Contributor

I checked out the preapproval page and nothing was found. It recommended the Discover More card and I appd and was approved. I had to call in and verify some info though. The CL was only $2.5k, but I'll take it for now. Hope it grows.

So, just like the AMEX site for me, nothing was preapproved but the recommended cards were appd and approved.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 15 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

Did you click on the "see all offers" button?

Message 16 of 20
JaseT
Established Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

Did you click on the "see all offers" button?

Yes, I did and there was still nothing preapproved.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 17 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

So it indicates I am pre approved. Anyway, I was primarily curious, don't intend to apply anything for now. Just got 3 cards in January.

Message 18 of 20
ficofox
Regular Contributor

If you get the pre-approved pages of cards, be sure to page through all of the different options as some on the later pages show a wide variety of intro APR's as well as a special column with offers like $150 cashback after spending $799 in 3 months.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

@ficofox wrote:

If you get the pre-approved pages of cards, be sure to page through all of the different options as some on the later pages show a wide variety of intro APR's as well as a special column with offers like $150 cashback after spending $799 in 3 months.

I actually played around with the sorting a bit to see wat all they hv to offer and sure enough I found the 150$ cash back card. I am not applying though. I am tempted to apply but am a bit scared coz I opened 3 new cards in january. Amex zync, US Bank flexperks select rewards, chase freedom.

I got pre approved offers for chase BA visa signature with 50k miles on 2500 spend in 3 months and also the discover more.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.