Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-Approval...?

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Discover Pre-Approval...?

So I like to toy around on Discover's pre-approval page just to see if it would ever spit out one for me. Usually I get the "We have no offers for you at this time" but just now it came back with "Recommended offers." Does that mean it is a pre-approval or just a generic system message? 

A Discover More would really compliment my new Chase Freedom Smiley Wink

Thanks guys,

Logan.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Pre-Approval...?

If it says "recommended offer" it's not a pre-approval/pre-qualification. It's just what they recommend based on your answers on the form. For instance if you click "excellent" it will say discover more, and under other offers will be discover escape etc.

If it says something like..."Congratulations, you've been pre-approved for..." then you've been pre-approved. 

Message 2 of 8
logan_720
Established Contributor

And you're 100% sure? No matter what credit level I choose, it always recommends Discover More. Usually, or in the past, it showed a message at the top of the screen stating "We're sorry, we do not have any recommendations for you at this time." 

Message 3 of 8
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

And you're 100% sure? No matter what credit level I choose, it always recommends Discover More. Usually, or in the past, it showed a message at the top of the screen stating "We're sorry, we do not have any recommendations for you at this time." 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Preapproval-Screen/m-p/1494712/highlight/true#...

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 4 of 8
logan_720
Established Contributor

Well thos tricky little guys. Do any of you happen to know which buraeu they pull? 

Message 5 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

check whogavemecredit.com , not sure. 

Message 6 of 8
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

Well thos tricky little guys. Do any of you happen to know which buraeu they pull? 

They pulled EQ for me, I"m in Texas

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 7 of 8
Radio_Radiation
Established Member

@logan_720 wrote:

They pulled TU & EQ for me. I'm in GA

Fako Ex: 743, Fako Eq: 734 Fako TU: 748
I'm BACK in the Garden (App free since 01/02/2013)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.