cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-approval envelopes arriving unglued.

tag
killnfool
Valued Member

Discover Pre-approval envelopes arriving unglued.

Anybody getting pre-approval offers sent to you from Discover where it seems like the glue never sealed the envelope? They're coming opened for anybody to see. This is concerning me since anybody could peak at the info, but I'm not sure how much damage they could do with the app alone. I've had at least 3 in the last few months like this.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover Pre-approval envelopes arriving unglued.

Are you going to apply?!

Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, CA cuts to the chase!  Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

lol, CA cuts to the chase!  Smiley Very Happy

HAHAHAHHAAHHA!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just think of it this way, if you apply and your approved and someone steals your info from one of these envelopes and applies for Discover, it will be declined because you already have one!

Message 5 of 10
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Just think of it this way, if you apply and your approved and someone steals your info from one of these envelopes and applies for Discover, it will be declined because you already have one!

I like this way of thinking!  One card per customer!!!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 6 of 10
killnfool
Valued Member

Probably won't apply for it since I don't really have a use for a discover card.

Message 7 of 10
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Yep, my envelope wasn't properly sealed either.

I also got the worst paper cut from their application.

They use the cheapest, thinnest paper. Just for that I would never app. Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@killnfool wrote:

Anybody getting pre-approval offers sent to you from Discover where it seems like the glue never sealed the envelope? They're coming opened for anybody to see. This is concerning me since anybody could peak at the info, but I'm not sure how much damage they could do with the app alone. I've had at least 3 in the last few months like this.

That is so funny that you would say that because I received something about the penfed rewards in the mail (I have the penfed amex) and the envelope was completely torn - like literally open. I am so glad all my statements are online and none of them get mailed.

Message 9 of 10
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

ficonightmare wrote:They use the cheapest, thinnest paper. Just for that I would never app. Smiley Tongue

They actually use nice thick paper for the promotional offers they send me. I guess it depends. They've been sending me thick-papered thank you cards for being a card member, together with two bundles of convenience checks. Sigh! Instead of wasting their money on those, they should rather give me 80 cents in cashback.

Having said this, I think Discover is really a nice card to have. Nice online access and generous cash abck programs for those who shop online frequently.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.