Discover Prequalification - Find My Offer

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Prequalification - Find My Offer

Discover and pre-approvals

Highest probability....

Single APR on an offer..... They want to give you a card... as always YMMV

Offer from Discover Credit Scorecard.... Better than standard marketing offer... it does matter the wording on it..  ones marketing, and the other is. We think your eligible for a card using the SPs we use for Scorecard .. (thats paraphrasing/summarizing. i havent seen the physical wording). Again.. they want to give you a card... YMMV

TIght APR range... usually within 3% points... Very likely to get an approval.. but less than a single APR

Anything larger than that... is just marketing......

Anyone want to throw more into the mix?

I still roll my eyes when a family member got a 10.24 mailer from Discover.... within the past year.. and they DID NOT app.... Why? Why? .. Discover was salivating for his attention with that APR.....

Another point.. Signing up for Credit Scorecard which is a FREE fico not FAKO from discover is a way to get their attention for offers...

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thought for the evening,....

Wonder what Fido's credit limit looks like ? Smiley Wink

He's still trying to bury some baddies in the garden Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

I still roll my eyes when a family member got a 10.24 mailer from Discover.... within the past year.. and they DID NOT app.... Why? Why? .. Discover was salivating for his attention with that APR.....

Another point.. Signing up for Credit Scorecard which is a FREE fico not FAKO from discover is a way to get their attention for offers...

Wow that's below their regular range!!! Did they offer a bonus with that, or just the cashback match?

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Discover and pre-approvals

Highest probability....

Single APR on an offer..... They want to give you a card... as always YMMV

Offer from Discover Credit Scorecard.... Better than standard marketing offer... it does matter the wording on it..  ones marketing, and the other is. We think your eligible for a card using the SPs we use for Scorecard .. (thats paraphrasing/summarizing. i havent seen the physical wording). Again.. they want to give you a card... YMMV

TIght APR range... usually within 3% points... Very likely to get an approval.. but less than a single APR

Anything larger than that... is just marketing......

I signed up for Discover Scorecard just now - thanks for the tip! It confirms my current EX FICO score is 660. Something peculiar, though; I applied for/got a Discover It card last week. There was an offer button at the bottom of the Scorecard screen so I clicked on it just for fun, expecting to see "We couldn't find any offers for you at this time" because I already was approved just a few days ago.

Wrong! I got another prequal offer from Discover, same single APR figure (23.49%), same 0% on purchases for 14 months, 3% fee on balance transfers.

*scratches head* Maybe it's because my new card is still in the mail (I got the notification email from Discover yesterday) and hasn't yet been activated?

Message 14 of 21
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

I got the offer of 23.49 today thru the discover creditscore website and not only did I get denied (657 exp) they hard pulled Equifax and Experian Smiley Sad

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 15 of 21
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

Wow that's below their regular range!!! Did they offer a bonus with that, or just the cashback match?

Yes it is below their standard range.. lets just say i was rolling my eyes..

Cashback match was offered

Think it was the 15 mo 0% apr vs the 12 but don't remember

Im still like what what what were you thinking.,...

And iv still never seen an offer that sweet... 

-J

Message 16 of 21
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

I got the offer of 23.49 today thru the discover creditscore website and not only did I get denied (657 exp) they hard pulled Equifax and Experian Smiley Sad

Think its becaue of the 657 exp and other possible baddies.. many folks are unsecuring their secured cards at 660... 

Wouldnt be worried about the APR.. thats negotiable after the promo period... every 6 months even... 

Can you post what the reasons are when you get the denial letter?

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

Think its becaue of the 657 exp and other possible baddies.. many folks are unsecuring their secured cards at 660... 

Wouldnt be worried about the APR.. thats negotiable after the promo period... every 6 months even... 

Can you post what the reasons are when you get the denial letter?

Is it even worth asking for a lower APR if you're going to PIF every month? I'm requesting a CLI later this week and am wondering if I should call and ask for both.

Message 18 of 21
SupraTurbo2jz
Regular Contributor

I dont think the 657 was the issue since my wife was approved 6 months out of bk with a 636. I'm more thinking the 40ish utilization and 2 cards (paid off) still showing almost maxed.

CH 7 BK discharged 05/15 goal scores 680 across the board
Current Score: TU 657 EQ 676 EX 657 FICO pull 03/20/17

photo cabelas 3700.jpg
 photo Disney siggy 5000.png photo SWP Premier 2500.png photo virgin america 2300.jpg photo lexus 2500.png photo toyota 2500.png photo kays1500.jpg photo hsn4000.png photo GoodSam 1000.png photo buckle 900.jpg photo af 250.png photo valero.jpg photo fingerhut.jpg
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SupraTurbo2jz wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Smiley Sad FWIW, I think Discover HP'ed Experian too last week, and my own rating there was 660 as of that time, so I doubt that alone would have derailed your application. As suggested, some other factor(s) may have been involved, so be sure to let us know what reason(s) they give when you get the denial letter.

Also, I'm expecting my own card today - it's being delivered with USPS tracking so I know where the package is at!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.