cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Price Protection help and on Sunday?

tag
Financiers
Valued Member

Discover Price Protection help and on Sunday?

Hi all,  I haven't used discover price protection and want to use it on a tv I purchased last month.  First, I called discover and they said that the department for price protection isn't open on sundays.  Second, they said I only needed a screenshot that showed the price.  I asked about proof of date since I thought I read something about that in the past, but they said you just need the screenshot showing the price.  For anyone who has actually used discover price protection, how did you submit your "proof" of price?  I appreciate your help.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Price Protection help and on Sunday?

Once you call and start the price protection process, you will have 30 days in which to submit the form and documents. Here is the information needed, as was sent to me this summer when I last did this process:

Information needed:

• Description of item purchased
  • Original purchase date
  • Original purchase price
  • Date item went on sale
  • Lower price found

Documents needed:

• Sales receipt
  • Credit card statement
  • Dated advertisement showing lower price (advertisement scan or web screenshot)

Important Reminders:

• Lower price must be found within 90 days of original purchase date
  • Claim must be submitted online within 30 days of receipt of this email
  • There is a per item limit of $500 and an annual program limit of $2,500 per account

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 9
Financiers
Valued Member

Thank you so much!  

One question, how do I show a dated document when using a screenshot of a website?  Thanks Again, I appreciate your help.

Message 3 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Financiers wrote:

Thank you so much!  

One question, how do I show a dated document when using a screenshot of a website?  Thanks Again, I appreciate your help.

Thats the problem. On Amazon the current date is usually on the page someplace. You might have difficulty with sites that don't display the date. However, with a TV set it might be enough to have the dated receipts if they contain the name of the item, etc.

If you don't have exactly what they ask for, then its up to Discover to decide whether you qualify for the price protection. 

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Financiers wrote:

Thank you so much!  

I googled "today's date" and then took a screenshot of that internet browser page next to the ad... so half of the screen was the ad and the other half was the googled "today's date", all captured in the same screenshot. That's what worked for me as of January of this year.

Message 5 of 9
Financiers
Valued Member

Thanks Phantom, that's exactly what I was looking for.  I'll be giving that a try tomorrow.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Financiers wrote:

Thanks Phantom, that's exactly what I was looking for.  I'll be giving that a try tomorrow.

Hi there Financiers,

Please do let us know how things turn out for you tomorrow, ok?

Thanks ;-)

Message 7 of 9
Financiers
Valued Member

Hi Fico,

I actually called discover and made the claim and received the email to file it.  When going through the questions I realized how little it would be after taxes.  I called Samsung (who I bought tv from) and they were able to do a price adjustment that included taxes and other costs, giving me a higher refund.  Because of this, I am not going to finish filing the discover price match claim  I wanted to update everyone in case they are in a similar situation.

I did ask the representative if using a screenshot of one side with the price and one side with the googled date would work and they said yes!

Thanks again for everyones help!

Message 8 of 9
rockup55
Contributor

I find Discover Price Match process to be pretty simple once you do the first one.  It takes me all of 10 to 15 minutes or so to complete one now including pulling all the relevant info together.    I have gone through my year of  double cashback with the IT card and now working on my double cashback with the miles card for the past 5 months.  I use the price protection process often.  It's amazing how much eligible stuff you purchase go on sale within 90 days of purchase all year long.  I have successfully received in excess of $1200 in price protection rebates from Discover over  a total of about of about 20 or so submissions.  I have never had one denied.  The good thing is you get to keep all of your cashback based on the original purchase price on top of the price protection rebate.  I love Discover!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.