Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Price Protection

tag
cottontop
Contributor

Discover Price Protection

Anyone tried this?  I'm in the process of filing a claim for about a $150 price difference since I purchased the item.  I'm very interested to see how this works out as this could be a very valuable perk.  Up to $500 per item, $2500 per cardholder per year.  T&C seem pretty broad, with only internet auction sites excluded.

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Price Protection

I used it a few months ago. You have to call in, they transfer you to the Price Protection Department, and they take some info and then mail you the paperwork. You then have to fill out the paperwork and send it in with the proof and wait a a few weeks for them to approve it and then wait a few weeks to get a check. It's not a quick or easy process, but it works.

Message 2 of 22
HiLine
Blogger

Message 3 of 22
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

I used it a few months ago. You have to call in, they transfer you to the Price Protection Department, and they take some info and then mail you the paperwork. You then have to fill out the paperwork and send it in with the proof and wait a a few weeks for them to approve it and then wait a few weeks to get a check. It's not a quick or easy process, but it works.

Hope I won't need it, but glad to know it works.

Message 4 of 22
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I never knew about the price protection.  It must have been in the small print that I never read Smiley Embarassed.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 5 of 22
HiLine
Blogger

Another piece of info for you, Rhaeny: all Visa Signature and World Mastercard cards, as well as all Amex-issued and Discover-issued cards, provide some price protection program.  --> This is no longer true. Sorry for the misinformation Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 22
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Another piece of info for you, Rhaeny: all Visa Signature and World Mastercard cards, as well as all Amex-issued and Discover-issued cards, provide some price protection program. Cat Wink

Oh Smiley Surprised!

Learn something new everyday....LOL!  Thanks for the info because I seriously didn't know that.  Looks like I need to look back and see if I have some money to get back!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 22
cottontop
Contributor

Received claim packet yesterday, filled out and sent back today.  Will let you know how it turns out.  

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 8 of 22
HiLine
Blogger

@Rhaeny wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Another piece of info for you, Rhaeny: all Visa Signature and World Mastercard cards, as well as all Amex-issued and Discover-issued cards, provide some price protection program. Cat Wink

Oh Smiley Surprised!

Learn something new everyday....LOL!  Thanks for the info because I seriously didn't know that.  Looks like I need to look back and see if I have some money to get back!

Actually I just double checked - the information I posted was outdated. As of now, only Discover and Citi still offer price protection. Sorry for being over-optimistic. Smiley Happy

OP: good luck!!! Let us know how it goes!

Message 9 of 22
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Amex does better than price protection in my opinion. 

If you dispute a charge, they almost always take your side.

For example. I used my Amex card at a vending machine and the $0.55 cup of coffee did not vend.  At that point I was upset because it was below freezing and the coffee would have warmed me up.

I made a special point of logging onto Amex and disputing the charge since no goods were received.

My $0.55 was returned with no questions asked.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.