Valued Contributor
jmbfl

Discover Product Changes?

Does Discover allow product changes between their different cards, i.e. will they change your account from a More account to an Open Road account?
Valued Contributor
athensguy

Re: Discover Product Changes?

Super easy. You can keep the same card. Just call, and it will be automatically switched when your next cycle starts.
Established Contributor
jaybird201

I have called in for a product change, ordered 3 new cards (For the cool pictures, not because they were lost or stolen) and contested a charge (I accidentally signed up for Discover's Identity Monitoring and thought it was a 30-day trial. Even though it was my fault, they credited my account and gave me a free Experian report and score!!!).

Completely hassle-free.

I can't say they're better than AmEx, because each is amazing it it's own way. But seriously, what a great company!
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

athensguy wrote:
Super easy. You can keep the same card. Just call, and it will be automatically switched when your next cycle starts.

I agree with both athensguy and jay completely. Discover seems to have very educated CSRs, and not so common things like switching reward programs is pretty streamlined.
Here we go again...
Valued Contributor
athensguy

I just product changed back to the More from the Open Road. Sadly, I had to sit through the credit protector sort of spiel. This is the first time I remember that happening when calling Discover. I'd also like it if they added a concierge system of some sort, like visa sig. and world mc.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}