Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover: Question about CR reporting

tag
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Discover: Question about CR reporting

Just curious as to exactly when Discover will start showing up on my CR's? And when it does finally show, will it show history prior? It's just weird my GECRB (Paypal) showed up as a new account on my CR weeks before I ever got the card! And with Discover I've had the card a while now and it still doesn't even show up on my CR aside from the initial HP when I apped that is, lol. Any thoughts on this? It's just so odd to me to have a card that's not reporting when the other two I added Chase and GE are.

Any thoughts on this?

JP Smiley Happy

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover: Question about CR reporting

@SpeeDj wrote:

Just curious as to exactly when Discover will start showing up on my CR's? And when it does finally show, will it show history prior? It's just weird my GECRB (Paypal) showed up as a new account on my CR weeks before I ever got the card! And with Discover I've had the card a while now and it still doesn't even show up on my CR aside from the initial HP when I apped that is, lol. Any thoughts on this? It's just so odd to me to have a card that's not reporting when the other two I added Chase and GE are.

Any thoughts on this?

JP Smiley Happy

I'm in your same boat.  How long have you had it?

I actually called them the other day because my limit is at $1200 - I charged a large sum so I plan on paying it off to avoid high Util; however, online doesn't tell me when.  I was approved 5/31 and the man I spoke to said the first statment takes a bit longer so he was predicting July 8th.  That wasn't a guarantee so I went ahead and set up payment now...but, maybe that gives some insight and hopefully others will respond with their experiences and when it actually did report.  Glad you asked this question because clearly I've been wondering the same thing!

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 2 of 10
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Approved 5/24.
Activated 5/30 (I think.)
First charge 5/31.
First statement in the mail yesterday. It says Open Date: May 26, 2013- Close Date: Jun 6, 2013.

As of yesterday, the card is not reporting on my credit reports yet. =(  I have been waiting to see the bump I get with a new account. I have received two more offers for the IT since applying for the card. One arrived the same day as my statement. Out of six total offers now, only one of them had exactly 10% apr, the rest said between 12% and 15%.  Glad I apped the right 10% offer.

Message 3 of 10
RonDawg
Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Approved 5/24.
Activated 5/30 (I think.)
First charge 5/31.
First statement in the mail yesterday. It says Open Date: May 26, 2013- Close Date: Jun 6, 2013.

As of yesterday, the card is not reporting on my credit reports yet. =(  I have been waiting to see the bump I get with a new account. I have received two more offers for the IT since applying for the card. One arrived the same day as my statement. Out of six total offers now, only one of them had exactly 10% apr, the rest said between 12% and 15%.  Glad I apped the right 10% offer.

They have been up too 3 months behind as of late.  My DiscoverIT card has only updated 3 times this year.

they used to be on top of it and updated your report within 3 - 5 days of the close of your statement.    Seems they are trying cut costs and only update once or twice a quarter.  It really has not been that big of a deal to me so I have not called and complained, however if this has you bothered and it is clear it does, perhaps you should contact Discover and they can look into this.  Usually contacting the granter will get things updated quicker as your request will be transfered to the department that handles such things.

Just my input.  Smiley Wink

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 4 of 10
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Generally, Discover reports to your CR after your second statement cuts. That was my personal experience, as well as from what I've seen posted here for the most part.

It's also normal to continue getting offers from Discover after you've been approved. I didn't stop receiving offers from them until a few of weeks after I opened my account. I guess it just takes a while for Discover to update their system.
Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 5 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 10
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

And to answer OP's second question: Yes, Discover will report your account history to date once they report your account to the CRAs.
Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 7 of 10
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks guys, just thought it was odd, GE sure seems anxious to get the party started whereas discover seems to want me to beg for it, lol.

JP Smiley Very Happy

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 10
100down0monthly
New Contributor

@SpeeDj wrote:

Ok thanks guys, just thought it was odd, GE sure seems anxious to get the party started whereas discover seems to want me to beg for it, lol.

JP Smiley Very Happy

Yep.  Both my Paypal MC and Wally DC popped up on all 3 just a couple days after being approved.

Message 9 of 10
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Well I apparantly choose the wrong card to add as my second card. I guess I will request that the card report ASAP to discover, but I might just try for a new revolver to get up to three.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.