Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Question

I've had a Discover Motiva card for several years and it is still at $1700.  I've tried for limit increases but have been denied each time.  I've been offered balance transfers, which I took advantage of a couple of times.  Last night I decided to go to the Discover chat to ask how I could improve on my account so that I could qualify for increases since I suspect that they just aren't giving increases on the Motiva.

I was told that they couldn't give credit improvement info in chat but that I could convert to the Discover It card.  So, I agreed and they put it through without a problem, saying that it would take effect on April 25. 

My question is--could the conversion possibly give me a higher credit line?  I have paid on time and often much more than the minimums for years.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  My FICO, supplied by Discover, is 621.  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Question

Always difficult to say with Discover, but I think with a TU Fico of 621 your chances are slim.

Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

With a 621 score, you may not see a higher limit. What could happen is that in the future you may have a higher chance of getting SP CLI's. This is assuming that your score rises and you use the card responsibly.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
Orecic
Established Member

I have rquested CLI from Discover many times only ending in denial. Though when I apped a new Discover card I was APPROVED for DOUBLE the amount of my current card. Discover is Bi-Polar and I avoid them as much as possible.

03/17/2016 *** EQ 701 * TU 706 * EX 727 ***

04/21/2016 *** EQ 728 * TU 736 * EX 747 ***
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.