Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Question

tag
jc2
Regular Contributor

Discover Question

Does anyone have any info to explain the cash advance feature of Discover?? My Disc has a cash advance limit of 52% OF TCL. DW...Who has a much stronger profile, larger cl and much longer rebuild history, has a 10% cash advance of TCL. This percentage seems to remain the same regardless of the number of increases we recieve to CL. Any thoughts or data points on this? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Question

My CA is 41.6% of my TCL.

When I first got my Disco in Dec 2016 for $3.5K CL, the CA was $1.8K

Then when it was increased in Mar 2017 to $5K, the CA increased to $2.4K

When I got a $1K CLI last week, the CA increased by only $100 to $2.5K

So I guess it depends on credit profiles.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 7
jc2
Regular Contributor

Thank you

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

For something that is notmally frowned upon in the credit card world, ill never understand why they offer this feature. For me its just a number to make it seem the card is the greatest or just superficial dressing. It should be something we should be able to use without looking desparate or getting the wrath of the credit gods to smite us down lol but it is what it isSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CL is 7K and my cash advance limit is 3.6K. 

My opening CL was 1K and the cash advance limit was $500. 

My CA limit stays around 50% with each cli. 

Message 5 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

The CA number doesn't matter at all unless you're going to an ATM or Bank to pull the money off the card.

You can move your whole CL to your bank account using the BT method direct to your pay from account.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only got a CA CLI once. My secured had $50. Auto-CLI was great but no CA CLI. My first requested CLI got the CA bumped to $200, but my next CLI (which happened to be the exact same amount) yielded no CA CLI. I never see myself ever using it, but like a low APR it's a number to track and graph and stuff Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.