Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Reapply time period?

tag
Damikester892
New Contributor

Discover Reapply time period?

Hey guys, been searching the forums and finding all different answers ranging from 30 days, 90 days and 6 months. Hoping someone can give me a more solid answer.

Heres the situation:

Helping my little brother build credit,

He has a secured Cap one card that is 7 months old. He tried for the Discover IT on March 12th and got declined for "No accounts over one year, Credit accounts history too short"

With that in mind I decided to see if I could help him out, I added him to my 13 month old Capital One card and it showed up on all three reports 3 days ago. 

Now since I've verified that it showed up on his CRA's, Especially EQ which is what I was waiting for to show up, how long before he can reapply without denial for too recent of a credit app?

Note, reason he is going for Discover is because on his TU and EX reports, he has a Six Flags Membership that went to collections because he thought Annual Membership meant after one year he wasn't a member anymore. Turns out they keep you a member forever unless you call to cancel. 

Which means his EX and TU scores are ~610 and his EQ is 701.

Thanks for the help all.

2 REPLIES 2
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover Reapply time period?

31 days at least if not wanting to risk re-denial without HP. Probably more like 32-60 if you want to be extra safe. back in october I app'd I think three times over three months, and one was 30 days old on the dot and it didn't even pull me again it just straight denied based on the old credit pull.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 2 of 3
Damikester892
New Contributor

Re: Discover Reapply time period?

@jeffm4688 wrote:

31 days at least if not wanting to risk re-denial without HP. Probably more like 32-60 if you want to be extra safe. back in october I app'd I think three times over three months, and one was 30 days old on the dot and it didn't even pull me again it just straight denied based on the old credit pull.

Thanks Jeff! After you got the decline at 30 days, how long did you wait to apply again and got a new HP?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.