cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Rejection: No Savings Account?

tag
TreeBeard

Discover Rejection: No Savings Account?

A week or so ago I applied for a Discover IT. I was planning to garden for 6 months before appying for anything else, but after seeing my 705 tu score from walmart and reading about how the effect of HQ drops off I figured what the heck and applied fully expecting to be rejected, which I was.

Just got the official rejection letter today though and one bothers me.

Too Few Active Accounts
Too few Satisfactory Opened Accounts
No Savings Account

I don't get that last one. I don't think I was ever asked for my savings information and I have over 5k between the savings and checking account with my credit union. At some point down the road I'd like to get a card with them and if that is going to be a negative against me I'd like to resolve it.

Also found my EQ fico was 712.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Rejection: No Savings Account?

That is weird... On some CC apps, Amex's specifically, it asks what account(s) and type(s) you have. Are you sure you maybe didn't overlook it and not check that you had one.
Heck, I'd call 'em up and offer to send 'em a statement. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They usually list their reasons in order of importance. That being said did you apply for a reg or student?
Message 3 of 4
TreeBeard

The no savings account one was actually at the top of their list.

I applied for the regular IT card.

I do intend to at least give them a call tomorrow to clear up the savings account thing. Not sure if that we get me reconsidered, but it can't hurt.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.